FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Bible passages with my meal? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/449597-bible-passages-my-meal.html)

miki Jul 5, 2005 1:53 am

Bible passages with my meal?

A few months ago a friend told me that he flew AS for the first time and under his food was a verse from the bible. I have flown AS quite a bit and had never noticed until tonight when I flew BOS-SEA. I usually don't eat the plane food in coach because it isn't very good but I was starving and the sandwiches seemed ok. Under my sandwich was a piece of paper with a picture of a sunset and a bible verse! I couldn't believe it. I'm not religous at all and find this a little odd. Anyone care to inform me on how long this has been going on?

KitKat Jul 5, 2005 2:04 am

Halfway to forever, I believe. For as long as I've been flying AS (from childhood on) the little cards have been there.

acvitale Jul 5, 2005 3:07 am

I actually enjoy them and look forward to them.

They have been there as long as I can remember.

Westcoaster Jul 5, 2005 5:55 am

With the cutbacks in food service I haven't seen one of those cards in months. Maybe they only distribute them when they are serving something that resembles a meal rather than with the soda and pretzels. I wonder who makes the decision regarding this distinction. In any case, I personally would prefer that they spend their time and money on something else when they are having such serious service problems. But yes, they've been doing it for a long time. Those who don't enjoy the little commercial can just discard it.

Superd1 Jul 5, 2005 7:09 am

Originally Posted by acvitale
I actually enjoy them and look forward to them.

They have been there as long as I can remember.

I enjoy then as well. ^

If someone doesn't want to read them all they have to do is turn it over and ignore it.

Westcoaster Jul 5, 2005 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Superd1
I enjoy then as well. ^

If someone doesn't want to read them all they have to do is turn it over and ignore it.

I assume you'd say the same thing if the card contained something that contradicted your own beliefs? If so, that's cool. Live and let live.

sxf24 Jul 5, 2005 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I assume you'd say the same thing if the card contained something that contradicted your own beliefs? If so, that's cool. Live and let live.

The baiting is really unnecessary. Your question has been answered here:

Thread #1

Thread #2

USCGamecock Jul 5, 2005 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster

Maybe they mass print the part about turing water into wine. :D

AS Flyer Jul 5, 2005 10:50 am

Welcome aboard Alaska Airlines :rolleyes:

Eastbay1K Jul 5, 2005 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by USCGamecock
Maybe they mass print the part about turing water into wine. :D

That would assume they still board enough water or wine :rolleyes:

Murph Jul 5, 2005 12:09 pm

I thought it was to remind passengers that, hey, if Jesus can go through 40 days and nights in the desert without food or water, you shouldn't be complaining about the lack of food that you are getting on this flight. :D

dhacker Jul 5, 2005 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by sxf24
The baiting is really unnecessary. Your question has been answered here:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Seemed like a vaild question to me. All else being equal, I avoid flying AS specifically due to this unwelcome proselytizing.

Alaska 2F Jul 5, 2005 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by dhacker
Seemed like a vaild question to me. All else being equal, I avoid flying AS specifically due to this unwelcome proselytizing.

On the flip side, all things equal this is a huge positive. ^

dhacker Jul 5, 2005 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Alaska 2F
On the flip side, all things equal this is a huge positive. ^

The passages or my avoidance of AS? ;)

RBCal Jul 5, 2005 12:57 pm

To subject a customer to religious proselitizing is stupid. Why risk offending someone who does not share your particular faith?
To those posters who support this. What would you do if you got a quotation from Buddha or the Koran?