Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

split mileage between two programs on same itinerary

Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat

i am flying ORD-ANC-JNU-SEA-ORD over the next two weeks. the ORD-ANC and ANC-JNU segments were upgraded using guest upgrades and the JNU-SEA and SEA-ORD segments were mvp gold comp upgrade (Q class fare).

i called both reservations and mileage plan, but nobody knew a definitive answer. i would like the first two segments credited to my NW account and and the last two segments to AS (i am under the impression the last two segments must be credited to AS since it was a comp upgrade)

anyway to accomplish the above scenario?
Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:29 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Starwood Platinum
If you hadn't upgraded, it might be possible to do this by not entering a mileage plan number at all during travel, and then submit boarding passes to the different airlines for retroactive credit.

However, since Alaska already has your number in the system for the upgrade, it is more complicated. Since AS doesn't seem to know, I'd recommend calling NW to see if they have an answer. If there is no established protocol, it might be possible, but difficult, to get the two programs to coordinate on this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.