Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AA Codeshare flight on AS crediting miles to DL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2005, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

I'm pricing some different options from LAX to IAD for early September. AA has the flights I want at the right price, but all my mile-collecting has been done on DL and US.

Can I buy an AA through AS and credit the miles to my DL skymiles account just the same as if it was an actual AS flight?

I know probably 80% of you know the answer to this...but well, I don't.

Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Generally speaking, no you cannot earn DL miles for flying AA, even if it's an AS code share. The code-share relationships only work 2 ways, not three. For instance, you can get DL miles on an AS flight, or AA miles on an AS flight, because AS is partners with AA and DL. But you can't get AA miles on a DL flight or DL miles on an AA flight because these two airlines have no relationship - the only common link is that they both partner with AS.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind that even if you buy an AA flight with an AS flight #, you will not be able to get delta miles unless the flight has a DL or AS flight number.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! That was my thought, but I saw it would let me put in my DL number.

Looks like I'll be flying on UA yet again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.