Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Phone Reservations Closed Even Though They Should Be Open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phone Reservations Closed Even Though They Should Be Open

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:52 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I suspect I might. Or at least suggest the res lines for Golds be open three hours before the first flight, local time, anywhere Alaska flies directly.

I had a similar reaction when I was flying back from DC a couple of weeks ago, needed to check something when I was already at the airport (two hours before the morning flight to SEA) ... and there was no answer on either the Gold or regular res lines as both were closed, due to the time difference. Somewhat frustrating and the suggestion that I go on the Web was a bit impossible.

I think the theory (and this is just what **I** think) is that if you're already at the airport, the airport agent should be able to assist you with anything you need and there are res agents on staff 24 hours to assist the airport agents for anything thats truly critical to getting you on that next flight. There just seems to be a difference in what the passengers feel as a need to check on during those 5 hours that the office is closed, and what the company is willing to consider a need to staff.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 4:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I think the theory (and this is just what **I** think) is that if you're already at the airport, the airport agent should be able to assist you with anything you need and there are res agents on staff 24 hours to assist the airport agents for anything thats truly critical to getting you on that next flight. There just seems to be a difference in what the passengers feel as a need to check on during those 5 hours that the office is closed, and what the company is willing to consider a need to staff.
Unfortunately, I was at one of the East Coast airports where AS counters are staffed by other airline personnel ... who were not very well versed in AS lore. They actually suggested I call and, of course, the line was closed.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL, Marriott, Hilton Honors Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
Similiar experience in Miami where the AS flight is scheduled to leave at 8am east coast time. Trying to rebook a connection out of Sea,, if the flight is delayed, is perty tough with the contracted gate agents! Miss being able to get ahold of a reservation agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.