Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

April 20th Gold MVP breakfast/lunch in Anchorage

Old Apr 4, 2005, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

...at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Hopefully, they will have some good news about that Platinum level. Can anyone think of any new questions to pose?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS, IHG
Originally Posted by TravelMann
...at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Hopefully, they will have some good news about that Platinum level. Can anyone think of any new questions to pose?
I did not get an invitation! I called the Mileage Plan desk... They seemed to think I was overlooked because my city is Chugiak vs. Anchorage. The Mileage Plan CSR said she'd forward my information to admin... I hope that means I will get an invite? If not I wonder what would happen if I crashed it

I would also like to hear more about the potential for the platinum level. I am curious to hear if there are plans in the works for AS to join one of the intn'l programs, i.e. star alliance.

Alison
Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AlisoninAlaska
I would also like to hear more about the potential for the platinum level. I am curious to hear if there are plans in the works for AS to join one of the intn'l programs, i.e. star alliance.

Alison
Platinum is in the "talks" again but nothing definitive. No plans for AS to sell its soul to an alliance at the present time. Too expensive for them without enough $ coming in vs. the loose alliances they now have. This was my take per the March MVPG lunch in OAK.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by TravelMann
Is there a number to call to confirm? I did not get an invite either, but in the past a call to RSVP worked for me. Also, what are the times for the meetings?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Bob and Alison and anyone interested, email me and I will provide you with the email address to RSVP. Perhaps you can dialogue with the person responsible for booking.

the times are 730AM to 930AM for the breakfast and 1130AM to 130PM for the luncheon.

Paul B.
[email protected]
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
They held a breakfast/lunch in ANC last fall and I didn't get an invite. I called to inquire why. They said they only send out invites to half the Gold population - one half in the fall for the fall affair, and the other half in the spring. I got my invite last week for the April 20 lunch.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Grrr. Got my invite for the luncheon on the 20th.

But on the 18th, I leave for Iraq!

Rats, missing out on some good chow.

LTC G
Old Apr 6, 2005, 1:19 am
Original Poster

We appreciate your sacrifice on our behalf for those of us here in the USA, Lt. Col G. Makes griping at an MVP Gold luncheon seem, well, petty and trivial while others are engaged in life and death situations. Come back safely.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Does this promo suggest that the route is not doing well? Does anyone know what the load factors have been?
Old Apr 6, 2005, 10:37 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by JerryFF
Does this promo suggest that the route is not doing well? Does anyone know what the load factors have been?
Did you mean to post this in the LAX-DCA thread?
Old Apr 6, 2005, 3:58 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
Originally Posted by AlisoninAlaska
I did not get an invitation! I called the Mileage Plan desk... They seemed to think I was overlooked because my city is Chugiak vs. Anchorage. The Mileage Plan CSR said she'd forward my information to admin... I hope that means I will get an invite? If not I wonder what would happen if I crashed it

Alison
i just got mine like yesterday. you can go with me if i am in town and go. call me or something.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.