Celebrity Sightings on AS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Wil Wheaton sitting behind me in 2C on AS403 LAX-SEA
Surprised Wesley Crusher wasn't at the helm of the ship
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
@UAPremierExec was on VX1948 last night.
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
So was PDXPremier
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So was PDXPremier
Out and in force.
Liked the custom shirt ^.

I got too caught up - wanted to spend more time mingling, but the area turned into a cluster...then tear down.

Forgot @ our Richard Cameo...
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:42 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Flew LAX to IAD in October. Flying in F. Right next to me was Senator Booker. Chatted a little, I went to boarding school in NJ and we talked a bit about it and what I was studying in college. Really nice guy. Must fly that flight a lot, because all of the FA's greeted him as Senator.
jinglish likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Senator Lisa Murkowski was on DCA-SEA this past Thursday. Seated in 7A and chatting with folks in the rows around her at boarding. Probably not uncommon to see her on that route as she flies back and forth from Alaska.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I didn’t know we had this thread. Fun!

George Mitrovich (Chairman, Grest Fenway Park Writers Series; President, City Club of San Diego & The Denver Forum; former press aide and press secretary to multiple senators (among other things)) and Dick Flavin (Poet Laureate of the Boston Red Sox and the voice of Fenway Park for day games) were on BOS-SAN with me this last August. Mr. Mitrovich let me try on one of his Red Sox World Series Championship rings.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I bit dated, but I ran into Russell Wilson on 2 flights in June of 2015 which was pretty cool. One of which I cleared the upgrade list that morning and he was stuck in coach, so he must've been a late add

More recently, earlier this year I saw John Bernthal (Walking Dead, Punisher) at the AS Lounge in LAX... but didn't bother him so not sure where he was headed or if he was even flying AS metal.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I was once on a BUR to PDX flight with, appropriately enough, Fred Armisen.
jinglish and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
LL Cool J to NYC
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Sat next to Congresswoman DelBene on a recent flight. Didn’t recognize her, but we chatted and I asked what her job was. Boy, was I surprised!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I have been on Julio Iglesias' private Jet and drove David Foster to a charity venue from the airport.

James
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by beckoa
Why the concentration of so many FlyerTalk "celebrities" on that full flight?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I have been on Julio Iglesias' private Jet and drove David Foster to a charity venue from the airport.

James
Is that where you can earn these Alaskan Airlines miles I've been hearing about?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Is that where you can earn these Alaskan Airlines miles I've been hearing about?
Not AS miles but the experience of touring Julio's and other private Jets was priceless. First time I was asked to take my shoes off to board a G4. The $7M interior included a 6' wide teak wall inlaid with a map of the world in gold. Oh, yes! The pilot with a smile beaming ear-to-ear was wearing slippers too.

I don't get star-struck and might well have been on AS flights with celebrities but it is likely I wouldn't be any the wiser.

James
be_rettSEA and PaperGlider like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.