Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Price Guarantee [gone as of 9/1/18]

Alaska Price Guarantee [gone as of 9/1/18]

Old Sep 10, 2004, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
Originally Posted by westcoastman
Typically there is some kind of penalty if you find a lower fare. For the average person this is worthless since they could just put the fare on hold for 24 hours and buy the cheapest flight that they find. Maybe there is a bunch of lower fares out there they AS is a afraid of having to match. UAL just started the fly 3 get 1 free but I doubt AS will match that promotion.
I would've agreed w/ you until I tried to hold a reservation on AlaskaAir.com a couple of days ago. If you hold a reservation for 24-hours, you automatically forego the $10 MyAlaskaAir discount.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
There is reason to be concerned when the same flights operated by AS are about $100 more than when it is on AA codeshare - operated by AS!

Recent example... from LAX to YVR return.
AS was around $383. AA was around $250.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Can you get the difference as cash or refund to credit card ? If not, can the voucher from the price guarantee be used to pay for someone else's airfare?

thanks
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Woah - Nice resurrection (13yr old thread)

Refunds are only back to form of payment if fare was 'Refundable' otherwise they are given in the form of a credit (think gift certificate) in the e-wallet of your account profile online.

Generally the name match involves the last name. I have heard first name can differ.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Can you get the difference as cash or refund to credit card ? If not, can the voucher from the price guarantee be used to pay for someone else's airfare?

thanks
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Woah - Nice resurrection (13yr old thread)

Refunds are only back to form of payment if fare was 'Refundable' otherwise they are given in the form of a credit (think gift certificate) in the e-wallet of your account profile online.

Generally the name match involves the last name. I have heard first name can differ.
Woah indeed. IIRC you can get a credit voucher that is transferrable.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by CDKing
Woah indeed. IIRC you can get a credit voucher that is transferrable.
That is correct. It comes back as either wallet funds or a credit certificate. Either one can be used for any traveller.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Does the price guarantee apply to Virgin America flights?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by via amtrak
Does the price guarantee apply to Virgin America flights?
Nope AS marketed and operated only.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by CDKing
Nope AS marketed and operated only.
Incorrect! - I just used the online guaranteed airfare tool for a VX flight from SFO to ORD. Funds already show up in 'my wallet' when I log into my account.

I guess VX operated is now considered AS operated!

the one down side - I did lose my seat assignment, which is a bummer!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: HH Silver
I have been having trouble with their BPG tool for some reason. On one of my reservations, the price has gone down 3 times. Each time it has said I already have the lowest price. I was able to override it by changing the date of the reservation, then changing it back and getting the refund, but wonder why it is happening with this one reservation. The most obvious thing would be if it were R/T, but this reservation is one way.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tatterdema
I have been having trouble with their BPG tool for some reason. On one of my reservations, the price has gone down 3 times. Each time it has said I already have the lowest price. I was able to override it by changing the date of the reservation, then changing it back and getting the refund, but wonder why it is happening with this one reservation. The most obvious thing would be if it were R/T, but this reservation is one way.
I'd call AS... this sounds like you have some strange quirk occurring.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
I'd call AS... this sounds like you have some strange quirk occurring.
Thanks Beckoa, I will if it happens again, but doubtful it will. Even though the flight isn't until the end of January, the price is the lowest I have ever seen, so don't think it will go down anymore. Fingers crossed though, lol.

The odd thing, is I have not had any issue refaring the return reservation, its just the flight down.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:36 pm

Question

Originally Posted by lg20
That is correct. It comes back as either wallet funds or a credit certificate. Either one can be used for any traveller.
I have a credit certificate issued as a result of Price Guarantee. If I "give" the certificate # and PIN to a friend, will there be any issues when my friend tries to use it or must I arrange travel?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by pmatawan
I have a credit certificate issued as a result of Price Guarantee. If I "give" the certificate # and PIN to a friend, will there be any issues when my friend tries to use it or must I arrange travel?
I think it should work.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Applied online for a certificate, received an updated itinerary confirming refund in the amount of $28.10, certificate (and corresponding PIN email) arrived two days later - in the amount of $20 (!?!). Flight is in late July. Sent an email to customer service, anxious to see the response.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.