Search

Any good MRs from YVR?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Any good MRs from YVR?

Hi everyone,

I'm a new MVP Gold thanks to a tier-match from AS. I live in Vancouver, Canada and am looking forward to flying AS (+ partner airlines) to take full advantage of my new status. Just wondering if anyone can suggest some good mileage runs from YVR? Would be nice to take advantage of the double miles promotion that's currently on...

Many thanks!

ml
Old Jan 12, 2004, 8:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by musiclover:
Hi everyone,

I'm a new MVP Gold thanks to a tier-match from AS. I live in Vancouver, Canada and am looking forward to flying AS (+ partner airlines) to take full advantage of my new status. Just wondering if anyone can suggest some good mileage runs from YVR? Would be nice to take advantage of the double miles promotion that's currently on...

Many thanks!

ml
</font>
Actually, BLI was a good option until United stopped servicing it with the result that there is not much, if any, of an advantage anymore. Flights from YVR to MCO or MIA cost more than out of Seattle but that is attributable to taxes. Mileage runs ex YVR, in my view should not be considered unless you rationalize them on the basis of short trips to attractive destinations; however, perhaps my personal motivation conflicts with that of the classic mileage-runner.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 5:17 pm

Tough to do traditional MR's from YVR... I'm in the same boat here at SEA.

I've actually never done a MR before... but wouldn't mind trying one. Tough to do from my location, but if someone is more creative than I and wants a travel partner, let me know!

I'm famous for my 3-day leisure trips all over the place... fly to New York for the weekend, IAD, MIA, LAX, etc, etc.

Anytime is a good time to fly!
Old Jan 13, 2004, 9:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPIT:
Tough to do traditional MR's from YVR... I'm in the same boat here at SEA.

I've actually never done a MR before... but wouldn't mind trying one. Tough to do from my location, but if someone is more creative than I and wants a travel partner, let me know!

I'm famous for my 3-day leisure trips all over the place... fly to New York for the weekend, IAD, MIA, LAX, etc, etc.

Anytime is a good time to fly!
</font>
Your e-mail doesn't seem to be registered so perhaps you could contact me
Old Jan 13, 2004, 1:37 pm

Thanks for pointing that out.... now fixed! YGM.
Old Jan 17, 2004, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Looks like I'll have to rack up the miles the hard way, without recourse to MRs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.