Search

Board Room Concierge Services

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
Board Room Concierge Services

Hi All,

Wondering what experiences you've had w/ the concierge at the Board Rooms. Mostly positive, I'm sure...

The reason I ask is that I'm still unclear as to what they can/can't do. For instance, my experience when wanting to change flights is that they refer me to Reservations for anything other than day of travel changes. Or...have you asked them to make car or hotel reservations? I don't know if this is a service they offer.

Thoughts, comments?

-Steve
Old Aug 15, 2003, 10:26 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
They are not at all close to what a hotel concierge does for guests. The BR people that I have dealt with are pretty much there to check on you for items such as food and beverage, flight departures, same day travel arrangements, etc. Have not been offered car rental or hotel rez assistance and fully do not expect them to. IMHO, they are there to make sure the comforts of the room are attended to, but not to become a full service concierge as we expect the four and five star properties.
I am a BR member and although I would like to see some improvements here and there, I am pretty happy with the situation.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Additionally, they have more limited functions in the reservation-related department than on other airlines. Most other airlines have dedicated agents at the desks and contract the other lounge services. I don't know if the SEA agents are given broader duties at the front desk (and they may be) but in the smaller rooms, when there is 1 agent on duty to check you in, bring your drinks, replenish the snackiecakes, and pick up after your mess (ok, my drinks and my mess, too), this may be why, specifically, they are discouraged from doing anything other than referring you to a res agent for such changes. Their duties never included not were intended to include non-AS travel arrangements, such as hotel, etc.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:
Their duties never included not were intended to include non-AS travel arrangements, such as hotel, etc. </font>
But that would be an interested value-added enhancement...
Old Aug 16, 2003, 1:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Have only used the Board Room agents for the credentials check upon entry and beverage service (where applicable).

One exception was Portland. The very nice agent there engaged me in conversation. She said that she noticed I had been through there a few times recently and wanted to make sure I understood Alaska's services. She specifically wanted to make sure I was receiving upgrades. The agent let me know she'd be glad to answer any questions I might have.

I thought it was extremely nice of her to proactively welcome me like that. I gave her one of those MVP Gold "Expression of Thanks" certificates. It is very rare to encounter that kind of service with today's airlines.

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited 08-16-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.