Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Further Thoughts on First Class Passengers using the Coach Lavatories

Old Jan 17, 2003, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Geez! I mean what's with these First Class Fat Cats thinking they can just bust right on through the CLOSED curtain, waltz on through coach class and use OUR lavatories that we as coach passengers pay good money for! What is Alaska's stance on this anyway!?? I just wish Alaska would do something about it, cause it really is becoming quite a nuisance!

I just couldn't resist!!!
Old Jan 17, 2003, 4:20 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
LOL!
Old Jan 17, 2003, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Uh oh. True confessions time. I did this! I hope you can forgive me, coachpassenger, but I was weak. I was in 2C on BOS-SEA (a l..o..n..g flight), the guy from 3D had been in the front lav for a long time, and I just threw caution to the wind. I walked all the way to the back and used a coach lav!!! Shocking but true.

And when I got back to my seat, the guy from 3D was still in the front lav. What do people DO in there for so long anyway? Never mind, I probably don't want to know.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:26 pm

LOL!
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Since this thread has been set up for entertainment value only, well, I couldn't resist.

Dear AJ,

Thank you for your latest tirade, which I received earlier this evening. I must say, it certainly appeared to contain all the elements that would normally make up what passes amongst certain reference groups as a communicative effort, yet tinged throughout by what Jean-Paul Sartre was so fond of referring to as "nothingness." One is immediately struck by a profound sense of despair, and reminded vividly of the diaries sometimes left by doomed explorers lost at the Pole, or the letters of German soldiers at Stalingrad. Fascinating how the senses disintegrate when faced with an occasional black truth (You bought a Coach Class ticket!), and scamper amuck, substantiating mirage and constructing a precarious buffer against the onslaught of the all too terrifying reality of a seat in the Coach cabin!

Evidently, the intensity of foray and recent whirlwind exchanges at my thread left you in a state of slight dissociation, and in your anxiety to hold your own at that point, you lashed out with a bitter diatribe better suited to a vanquished wrestler on WWF than the more civil discourse usually found here at FlyerTalk.

Not wanting to protract an already disoriented business (I know your recent failure to attain MVP status despite not having flown enough miles to actually earn it has left your normal constitution even more fragmented and disorganized than usual, causing a mild breach with the real world as we know it), I will take this opportunity to remind you that 1.)if you want First Class amenities, you need to buy a First Class ticket and 2.) if you want MVP status, don't beg - go out and earn it.

P.S. And this is to everyone - I promise not to respond anymore to this issue on either post so feel free to roast me but good! Have fun! Oh, and one other thing: My next five trips are booked in - that's right - COACH CLASS! (Screams from the audience in the background) Maybe I'll bring one of those "Trucker's Friend" devices along if the lines get too long back at those Y Class lavs!

[This message has been edited by Seat 2A (edited 01-17-2003).]
Old Jan 17, 2003, 11:45 pm

Originally posted by 2A:

One is immediately struck by a profound sense of despair, and reminded vividly of the diaries sometimes left by doomed explorers lost at the Pole, or the letters of German soldiers at Stalingrad. Fascinating how the senses disintegrate when faced with an occasional black truth (You bought a Coach Class ticket!), and scamper amuck, substantiating mirage and constructing a precarious buffer against the onslaught of the all too terrifying reality of a seat in the Coach cabin!

I have oft felt this way on the few occasions I have been relegated to coach (akin to the black hole of calcutta) the past few years. I say, let's set bear traps at the rear of the F cabin for unsuspecting Y pax to trod upon when attempting to poach their way into the FC lav. That'll school 'em.

Vive la bourgeoisie...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.