Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibility of adding SLC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2003, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Possibility of adding SLC

I heard on a flight last year that AS might soon be adding service into Salt Lake City. Anyone know when this might happen?
Old Jan 10, 2003, 7:07 pm

Haven't heard that, but it'd be great if they did. I cringe at the thought of flying WN again there and have taken DL the last few times...which really didn't impress me either.
Old Jan 11, 2003, 10:35 am

I second that! Heck, I'd even squeeze into a CRJ or DH4 if necessary! I'm flying out Monday on DL (where I have zero status) from SEA to SLC and dreading every second of it. At least it's a fairly short flight.

Especially with all the winter recreation opportunities in Utah, I'm real surprised AS hasn't jumped all over this market.
Old Jan 11, 2003, 12:14 pm

Not that this helps anyone, but, Horizon used to fly to SLC from Sun Valley years ago.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 3:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jellologin:
I heard on a flight last year that AS might soon be adding service into Salt Lake City. Anyone know when this might happen?</font>
It's still discussed...our costs are still a bit high, I'd say QX before AS. Its a difficult market.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RASMguy
It's still discussed...our costs are still a bit high, I'd say QX before AS. Its a difficult market.
any chance this will happen anytime soon? I'm looking at DL at $270 or WN at $180 out of PDX. I s'pose I can see why this is not an attractive market - WN has the entry price point locked up and DL has a hub and presumably a pretty strong lock on the biz travel.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by psychtobe
any chance this will happen anytime soon? I'm looking at DL at $270 or WN at $180 out of PDX. I s'pose I can see why this is not an attractive market - WN has the entry price point locked up and DL has a hub and presumably a pretty strong lock on the biz travel.
That is supposedly the knock on SLC from what I've heard. It would seem like a natural addition for AS, but DL flat-out has that market covered, and WN picks up what's left over.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 2:24 am

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I don't know if SLC is a big enough market to accommodate AS, DL ,and WN.

BW
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:05 am

For a long time AS didn't have an easy way to get to SLC with partners, but now that Delta is in the partner group it seems like an opportunity to irritate DL. Of course I thought that going to DFW was a bit silly as well.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
It's still discussed...our costs are still a bit high, I'd say QX before AS.
Yeah, I'd imagine DL has enough lift to handle their connecting traffic, so SEA-SLC would be most O&D, making QX the logical first choice.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:13 am

Programs: no elite status, but i get around
I was shocked when we made the decision to fly to DEN. Both DEN and SLC had been on the dart board for years, but it seemed like a ballsy move. Ballsy is not typical Alaska. SLC is the same situation. It’s been a frequent request by customers, and it’s clearly an obvious void on the current AS/QX route map.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by airplanegeek
I was shocked when we made the decision to fly to DEN. Both DEN and SLC had been on the dart board for years, but it seemed like a ballsy move. Ballsy is not typical Alaska. SLC is the same situation. It’s been a frequent request by customers, and it’s clearly an obvious void on the current AS/QX route map.
Nothing in the near term. We have bigger priorities right now.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HHonors Gold VIP, Marriott Rewards Gold
Nothing in the near term. We have bigger priorities right now.
Please elaborate on these bigger priorities...like geographical locations...you don't have to name the city but give us some general information.

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by PDXFlyBoy
Please elaborate on these bigger priorities...like geographical locations...you don't have to name the city but give us some general information.

Thanks!

You wish

How about, the United States.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: No status anywhere :(
How about, the United States.
Bummer Missy!

I guess that rules out SJO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.