Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Board Room Membership costs to increase

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2002, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Board Room Membership costs to increase

Effective Feb 28, 2003, the yearly amount will increase to $225 from the current $175. The $100 one-time "initiation fee" remains the same.

This increase was mentioned to me by one of the employees in the SEA BR, and confirmed in my most recent MP E-Statement. Just a heads up!
Old Dec 20, 2002, 10:45 pm

Do BR members have access to all NW Worldclubs and affiliated lounges internationally? From what I read the Alaska site says something like access to 20+ worlclubs lounges, not entirely clear..
Old Dec 21, 2002, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
What's the deal with he lax boardroom?

I am a Worldclub member and expected access to all AK Boardrooms but was denied access to the LAX boardroom beacuse it is actually a AA Club that doubles as a AK Club and doesn't allow Worldclub access w/o a pass from AK (even if you have your Worldclub card)

Anyone know what the status is on this club in LAX?
Old Dec 22, 2002, 1:45 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
I would be interested to see if BR members get access to Continental PCs...As of right now, we do have access to Newark PC while travelling on CO BP, and to Denver PC while travelling on AS BP. Very random. Meanwhile, CO PC members get full access to AS BR in all locations, doesn't seem fare. I wonder if that agreement will be amended, otherwise there is no choice but to switch to NW WorldClubs.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
How many boardrooms are there?
Old Dec 22, 2002, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
Anchorage, Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco have Board Rooms. Alaska passengers who are BR members can use AA's Los Angeles room (sort of an honorary Board Room), but I think that's limited to day-of-flight on Alaska. I don't think Alaska BR members can use the Los Angeles room unless they're flying to/from LAX on Alaska that day, but I've never tried to go in.

------------------
"Yes, but at least mine will be found in a first class seat." -- Peattie and Taylor
Old Dec 22, 2002, 4:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
>>Do BR members have access to all NW Worldclubs and affiliated lounges internationally?<<

No. Board Room Members have access to all Northwest WorldClubs (including the few international locations-- HKG, MNL, ICN){TPE used to have a WorldClub accessible to Board Room members, not sure if this is still in operation}. They do not have access to the affiliates of the WorldClubs program.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Alaska Airlines Board Room members traveling on Northwest Airlines will have access to 18 domestic and 4 International Northwest World Clubs locations for the same day that they are holding a ticket for travel on Northwest Airlines*. Please ask a Concierge for specific locations.

* For Alaska Airlines passengers traveling to and from Washington, D.C.'s Reagan National Airport (DCA), Board Room members may access the World Club at that airport without a Northwest Airlines Boarding Pass.</font>

&gt;&gt;What's the deal with he lax boardroom?&lt;&lt;
This is not a "real" Board Room. It is really an Admirals Club, formerly the TWA Ambassadors Club. Northwest WorldClub members do not receive access to this lounge.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">At Los Angeles International Airport, Alaska Airlines shares an airport club room facility with American Airlines, located in Terminal 3.</font>
&gt;&gt;Meanwhile, CO PC members get full access to AS BR in all locations, doesn't seem fare.&lt;&lt;

It is not about being fair, it is about dollars and cents. The airlines are too cheap to negotiate full reciprocal access for their members. Continental members DO NOT have full access to Board Rooms. Presidents Club members can access the Board Rooms in ANC, PDX, SEA, and YVR with membership card and same-day Continental ticket or boarding pass.

Perhaps you should send a letter to Alaska and let them know your unhappiness with the situation at hand. Let them know you'd like more access to partner lounges.

&gt;&gt;I wonder if that agreement will be amended, otherwise there is no choice but to switch to NW WorldClubs.&lt;&lt;

Joining WorldClubs is a very good idea. It is one of the best lounge programs out there. You receive full access to Northwest, Continental, and America West lounges. There is also limited access to Alaska, KLM, and an assortment of international lounges.

&gt;&gt;How many boardrooms are there?&lt;&lt;
Six.

ANC, SEA, PDX, YVR, SFO, and LAX*.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 4:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Law Lord:
I don't think Alaska BR members can use the Los Angeles room unless they're flying to/from LAX on Alaska that day, but I've never tried to go in.</font>
This is not true. In most ways, admittance rules mirror that of the regular Board Rooms.

Old Dec 22, 2002, 6:39 pm

Vancouver now has one.
Old Dec 25, 2002, 8:57 pm

FWIW on the use of NW Worldclubs internationally, I picked up a small card with the listings AS and partner Boardroom access yesterday in SEA. It list more than 4 International locations. I remember seeing Bangkok, Manila, Seoul, Hongkong, Singapore, and a few more (bummer but not NRT). So anyway, more than 4. I would advise bringing this card along just in case though.

CS
Old Dec 30, 2002, 10:58 pm

O.k., actually got around to pulling the card I refered to in the post above out.

FWIW, the official lineup for using the NW WorldClubs Internationally are at the following locations: Bangkok, Hong Kong, London-Gatwick (2), Manila, Sampan, Seoul, Singapore, and Taipei.

As stated above, I'd be sure to bring along this "Board Room - Location Guide" along just in case. I could just see myself without it trying to explain to an attendant in Bangkok that I should be allowed access because I'm flying NW in Y and I have this Alaska Airlines Board Room card. "Yes, Miss, I know you've never heard of Alaska Airlines before but trust me, I really should be allowed in".

CS
Old Dec 31, 2002, 6:05 am
PSC 1K

Totally agree with TransWorldOne...I've been with NW (lived in the Midwest in the late 80s) as a lifetime international member. Living in the Pacific NW, I now use it more in Board Rooms than WorldClubs - and it works great in the President's club at DEN when flying UAX from the A concourse or flying UA from terminal 6 at LAX. No one in the Presidents Clubs have ever asked to see a boarding pass to verify I'm on NW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.