first class meal choice order

Old Sep 24, 2002, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

first class meal choice order

in which direction does alaska take meal choices in first class?

i'm accustomed to aa doing it by front even/back odd and united going by status. what about alaska?

thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2002, 10:01 pm

There is no specific order. The usual order is from front to back. If you have a specific food allergy, please notify the F/As... don't abuse this system though... I usually like Row 2 because you will likely to get a choice on whatever the F/As do.

Carfield
Old Sep 24, 2002, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'd say 75 to 90% of the time its row 1 through 3. Occasionally, the reverse, occasionally up one side and back the other. Not more than 2x can I remember that the Golds got order choice first.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 2:16 pm

We recently did a same day upgrade to first, and were told that one of us might not get a first class meal. I guess AS did provision for all 12 FC seats. Fortunately, one of the other folks in first declined the meal, and both Mrs. South and I were served! All done very friendly. Excellent meal. Great service.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 2:29 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
I agree...most of the time it's Front to Back, one side then the other but no particular side first. Occasionally, they mix it up and do back to front...those are the times I'm actually in row 1!

Don't plan your seat by the meal order. Or do as suggested and choose row 2 if possible.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 8:41 pm

Gotta concur here...usually row 2 still gets a choice, and 99% of the time, ordering starts at 1A, finishing with 3F.

For breakfast flights at 3 hrs & under, there is usually not a choice...it's a scone or biscuit, fruit plate (canteloupe, grapes, a strawberry), and cereal w/banana. I miss the cranberry crunch cereal, the last few times have been corn flakes (BORING!)

Usually, the two meal choices aren't bad... unless you've had the portobello tortellini...then it's gag central!
Old Sep 25, 2002, 10:54 pm

Your distaste for the portabello tortellini must be a purely personal choice as it is one of my favorites. I think it is a very flavorful, delicious meal. The tortellini can be overcooked sometimes, but the sauce is great.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 12:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
I have always had a choice but recently I was in row 1 and was told that there was no choices me left. I was handed a dry deep fried piece of boneless chicken breast with rice on the side. I enjoy almost everything but this was really awful. Everyone else had delicous looking steaks and a couple of people even sent it back after they had picked at it since they were not hungry. No one would have ever known that I did not like my dish since I ate it all but the person next to me, who looked very hungry, threw the whole chicken breast out.
On the positive side we were first to get served our meals including drinks and my drink was refilled with even asking while I was looking out the window.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 4:57 pm
donbinder

I just took SEA-PSP lunch flight. The FA asked me first said thanks as my "Golden" boy I'd like to be sure you get your choice. I liked being called boy as I'm almost 60. Options were soup and sand or salad with chicken. My seatmate and I had one of each. Both were fine. This is the first time I've been asked based on Gold status all other times have been fron to back.

------------------

Old Sep 30, 2002, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
A couple of times they have played a game where you pick a piece of paper out of a hat. The papers are marked 1 or 2. They tell you which number is for which meal and then you trade around until you get what you want. It really worked pretty well, but I always tell them when I board that I don't eat any meat except chicken and that works out ok too.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
Just got home on AS FLT 425 BUR - SEA in seat 3A.

Meal choice was offered to the females in F 1st, then followed with the men in row 3, then row 2, then row 1.

This strategy was definitely a 1st for me! I heard the head FA say it was a PDX crew...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.