will be flying F/C:
AA JFK-SEA connecting to AS SEA-ANC
the third leg will be ANC- King Salmon.
Which are the better seats going North West
and than for the return?
Any suggestion where to stay in ANC (downtown) & in King Salmon
Old Sep 28, 02, 5:08 pm

Row 2 is the best row of the aircraft.

About the view of the AS region, I am not sure... Maybe some other experts can give you a hand. I personally like the aisle seats on Row 2. if none available, I will got for 1A (never 1D or F... really bad seats with limited legroom).

Carfield
Old Sep 28, 02, 7:46 pm

Flying from Seattle - right side - depending on cloud cover - glaciers, mountains, the whole magilla...
From Anchorage - left side - same thang

The Captain Cook - Anchorage http://www.captaincook.com/ is one of the best in the city
Old Sep 30, 02, 7:39 am
Original Poster

To Carfield and jb2112 thank for your input
If I am looking for the right side of the plane going north west which seat should I ask for? Window A?
Thanks again
Old Sep 30, 02, 2:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DRORA:
If I am looking for the right side of the plane going north west which seat should I ask for? Window A?
</font>
Starboard side window seats on Alaska aircraft are "F" seats:

http://www2.alaskaair.com/company/co...itment_as4.asp

I hope you didn't book First class between ANC and King Salmon -- there is no such thing. Alaska's one flight a day between ANC and AKN is flown by their 737 combi (cargo/pax) aircraft that lack a First Class cabin.

[This message has been edited by Quokka (edited 09-30-2002).]
Old Sep 30, 02, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Quokka, thank you for the inf.
the flights were booked with AA JFK-Sea-ANC- king salmon
It was booked as a first class ticket.
I was told there are 6 seats in First class,to king salmon, and that there are 2 flights a day in the summer. 10:OO am and 3:40PM
Will have to call again. Any more inf. for me?
Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 02, 6:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DRORA:

I was told there are 6 seats in First class,to king salmon, and that there are 2 flights a day in the summer. 10:OO am and 3:40PM
</font>
Summer 2003? Then yes, the summer schedule typically goes back to 2 ANC-AKN AS flights a day most days from the present one flight a day. However often one of those flights is still a 737 combi without a First Class section.

You'll find AKN somewhat different than JFK

Old Sep 30, 02, 6:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Quokka:
Summer 2003? Then yes, the summer schedule typically goes back to 2 ANC-AKN AS flights a day most days from the present one flight a day. However often one of those flights is still a 737 combi without a First Class section.

You'll find AKN somewhat different than JFK

</font>
During the summer months we typically add a 737-400 with First Class to the AKN schedule. Also to OME, OTZ and sometimes DLG.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: