Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems Upgrading SEA-BOS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2002, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Problems Upgrading SEA-BOS

I have trying to book flights for next month on the new route and MVP agents are telling me that F and A space upgrades are both unavailable for good part of April. The agents appear puzzled as they couldn't even sell F seats and according the flight loads, there is almost on one even booked up front. Has anyone else had problems?
Old Mar 25, 2002, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Looks like everyone is trying to burn up the last few upgrades (MVP Gold ones come out of revenue inventory).
Old Mar 25, 2002, 3:12 pm

Not too surprising with the double miles and 50% FC bonus ending at the end of April. Plus AS went from 1 flight to 2 flights to 1 flight on that route, and eliminating the 2nd flight probably bumped some upgraded flyers into the other flight, filling the F cabin.

I can't find many open upgrades to WAS for April, even without the enticing double miles.

I think in April AS should give anyone who can't upgrade into F because its full the 50% bonus anyway. It would make flying in coach more bearable!
Old Mar 28, 2002, 7:07 pm

Location: Fort Worth, TX; AA EXP, Starwood Gold, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold
I just looked up every day in April and I think I can up with 2 flights SEA-BOS with FC availability and 3 coming back... unfoortunately, none of them are close together...
Old Apr 1, 2002, 12:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS MVPG; DL MM; HH Diamond
June availability doesn't look much better than April ; I just tried to book SEA->BOS on June 6th, returning on June 8th. I'm waitlisted for First on BOTH flights.

------------------
Old Apr 1, 2002, 1:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Our wl cleared for DC (IAD-SEA) about a week prior to departure). Hopefully, this will happen to you too.

lala
Old Apr 2, 2002, 1:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lalala:
Our wl cleared for DC (IAD-SEA) about a week prior to departure). Hopefully, this will happen to you too.

lala
</font>
How were you notified that your upgrades cleared?

I'm in a similar situation, my girlfriend and I are going ORD-ANC with a $50 companion coupon. My thought was to have her use a gold upgrade for the one F seat that was available, and have myself waitlisted for first.

AS said that both of us had to be on the same record for the companion fare, so now instead of one upgrade and and one waitlist, we're both waitlisted.

The only other times I've waitlisted I've been flying by myself and it's always cleared at the airport just prior to boarding.

-Robert
Old Apr 2, 2002, 4:16 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
Well, if anyone with confirmed FC on 4/16 ANC-ORD or 4/21 ORD-ANC decides to cancel, I will be extremely happy! I couldn't find any decent days with FC available to/from Chicago. I ended up booking the Coach! I almost decided against the trip to visit my niece.

So, I have 6+ hours each way of Coach!! Funny thing is that starting May 1, there are a bunch of FC seats available!

Argh! I wish I could just put the trip off a couple of weeks!
Old Apr 2, 2002, 4:19 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whlinder:
Not too surprising with the double miles and 50% FC bonus ending at the end of April.
I think in April AS should give anyone who can't upgrade into F because its full the 50% bonus anyway. It would make flying in coach more bearable!
</font>
Today, an agent insisted that the FC 50% bonus ended at the end of the year. I just said okay.

How about if I get the seat and I let you keep the bonus?!
Old Apr 2, 2002, 4:52 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
rwinn-

I called to check about seating and they said that the upgrades on the return had cleared.
go figure.

fwiw, the exit row which we got as the next best thing (bulkhead was full when we booked), was the only row that was full. All the golds went with the Exit rows and we were all cramped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.