Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Bank of America Offers Alaska Airlines Visa Platinum Card

Old Aug 13, 1999, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

PHOENIX (BUSINESS WIRE) - Bank of America has introduced a higher level of mileage benefits with its Alaska Airlines Visa Platinum Card.

Cardholders will receive 5,000 bonus miles after opening an account, 1,000 bonus miles each year after renewal and double miles for each Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air ticket or vacation purchase. Each year, cardholders will also receive one $50 round-trip companion certificate and two one-way First Class upgrade certificates. There is no limit on mileage earned and mileage does not expire.

Additional benefits include one mile per regular purchase dollar, four Alaska Airlines Board Room passes, plus comprehensive travel accident insurance, free auto rental insurance and emergency medical, legal and travel assistance.

"The Alaska Airlines Visa Platinum Card offers exclusive benefits and increased mileage earning opportunities combined with a competitive annual percentage rate and annual fee," said Maribeth Winski, product manager for Bank of America. "It is one of the most rewarding platinum cards available with any major airline."

"We are delighted to partner with Bank of America to offer our customers this incredible mileage-earning opportunity," said Gregg Saretsky, Vice President of Marketing and Planning, Alaska Airlines. "With both mileage and the added cardholder benefits, this product will appeal to high flyers all along the West Coast."

Customers may call 1-800-243-4778 for more information and to apply for the card.
------------------

Old Aug 13, 1999, 12:22 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks Ronald. Recalling Punki's earlier post on this Alaska CC topic, I'm hoping that this means anyone can now get it, assuming they are creditworthy! It sounds like a great deal!
Old Aug 13, 1999, 5:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Skymiles Plat, United Premier Exec
With the Alaska Airlines Platinum and Gold Visa promotion it includes over 600 worldwide destinations on 9 airline partners.
Mention code 27332800

------------------
Old Aug 13, 1999, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yes, its quite a good offer. I already responded, and got the card. Beware, however, that you make sure they prorate the old annual fee if you are "upgrading" from another card, because they didn't credit me for most of the other fee until I called.
Old Aug 17, 1999, 5:57 pm
In Memoriam

EastBay1K:

I am interested in this offer. I am currently an Alaska Airlines Seafirst Bank VISA gold card holder for which I paid a $45 annual fee four months ago. I hate to cough up another $75 so soon. When you talked about prorating are you referring to those holding a current B of A card now?
Old Aug 17, 1999, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
No, TravelWeary, they mean to prorate the Seafirst Card fee. Part of the deal is to promote that BofA is better (at least not worse than) Seafirst.

In any event it is about $400 - $1,000+ worth of freebies for $75 bucks. Go for it.

I am tickled pink with the offer.
Old Aug 18, 1999, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Seafirst IS Bank of America. They bought em a year or 2 ago. I think they are just putting new branded products under the BofA name. And I was talking about prorating the "gold" seafirst annual fee which I too paid a few months ago.
Old Aug 19, 1999, 10:15 am
In Memoriam

Thanks Punki and EastBay1K. I will definitely look into this. Darn though! I just joined the Board Room, so those passes won't do me much good except to use for random acts of kindness.
Old Aug 20, 1999, 12:20 am
Original Member

I really love Alaska, but I just canceled my BA Alaska Visa. Why? For the first two months, it arrived only 10 days before the due date. I called the CS number and asked about it. They said it was mailed from Georgia, and they couldn't do anything about the mail. But there was no postmark or meter on the envelope, just a bulk first class mailing indicia.

Because of my extensive travel, that 10-day window was jsut too stressful compared with the 20+ days offered by all my other cards. So I asked them to cancel the card and return my $60. They promptly agreed.

So I have only good things to sat about BA customer service -- in fact, I have two other accounts with them -- but I still have this warning about the Alaska Visa/MC.

Anyone else have the same experience, or is it just because "Q" is so far down in the alphabet...
Old Aug 20, 1999, 10:36 am
In Memoriam

QuietLion: I have not noticed this problem, but I signed up for automatic payment, so each month's total comes automatically out of my checking account. So, it never matters where I am, my bill is always paid on time. This has worked well for me so far with this and other cards.
Old Aug 20, 1999, 5:08 pm
Original Member

That's not a bad idea... I'll have to try that.
Old Aug 31, 1999, 3:15 am
Suspended

WOWSER!

I just received my Platinum Welcome Packet, complete with confirmable upgrades, Board Room Passes and the $50.00 companion certificate.

I have checked with Alaska and they confirm that the companion certificate is good for anywhere they fly, including Alaska, Canada or Mexico. All of these goodies are replenished each year, as well as double miles for purchase of airline tickets.

Pretty good value for $75.00.
Old Aug 31, 1999, 8:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Please pass along the "conditions"

Expiration dates for:
Companion ticket
Boardroom passes
1W FC upgrades (also conditions of use)
Old Aug 31, 1999, 8:56 am
Suspended

All expire December 15, 2000. The $50 companion certificate is upgradeable.

The terms and conditions on the F/C upgrade appear identical to my MVP Gold upgrades. Confirmed at time of ticketing for any Y or YAS fare.

I am still a little unclear as to who is eligible for this program, however.

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 08-31-1999).]
Old Aug 31, 1999, 12:04 pm
Original Member

The Platinum offer is now available on the Alaska web site. I just ordered mine. It appears to be available for anyone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.