Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Premium No Longer Includes Cocktails Starting Q3? (Likely a Copy Error)

[Speculation] Premium No Longer Includes Cocktails Starting Q3? (Likely a Copy Error)

Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few...

Saw via some various Reddit threads today that descriptions of Premium Class amenities for flights after September of this year no longer display cocktails as being complimentary, just beer and wine. Are others seeing this? Viewable via the manage and view reservation page on the full Alaska website. If true, yet another disappointing service reduction to share feedback about. Before we know it AS will just be the same as the other big three.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
September?

this is from my flight next week:

Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

hmm...curious what is offered for free on your flight as this would seem to indicate that as soon as next week cocktails are no longer complimentary, only beer and wine. Maybe its prior to September. My flights prior to September still include the "cocktails" portion of that statement.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
On the website both next week’s flight and a flight in PC in October show this:

Originally Posted by frenchcargo371
hmm...curious what is offered for free on your flight as this would seem to indicate that as soon as next week cocktails are no longer complimentary, only beer and wine. Maybe its prior to September. My flights prior to September still include the "cocktails" portion of that statement.
It’s SEA-PDX next week, so I will probably be lucky to get a box of water. The October flight is longer.

If they take away the free Baileys for the morning coffee, my wife will NOT be a happy camper as a first year MVPG.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Maybe it's later this year. But some are reporting no complimentary cocktails in Premium on flights after September of this year on the reddit thread. I don't have any booked for that time period so cannot verify.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AlaskaAirli...ink_offerings/
Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/premium-class?lid=navremium-class

If they sell me a seat with that description today, theyd better be prepared to deliver those benefits, no matter when that flight is.
flg8rmatt likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The sky is not falling. The reliability of Reddit is several levels below blog speculation.

It's an error on the app. No change on the website.
frenchcargo371 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I always wished I could trade the alcoholic beverage for a snack box.
jakeller, moondog, Rare and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 7:56 am

Programs: Costco Club
No more free liquor in premium class?

Notice it says complimentary beer and wine and no longer includes liquor, can anyone confirm?

Ive also seen where it includes on flights greater than 350 miles

Last edited by StevenSeagalFan; Jun 23, 2024 at 8:05 am
Old Jun 23, 2024, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Notice it says complimentary beer and wine and no longer includes liquor, can anyone confirm?
Whenever you think your the "first" on FT, you usually are not

Regards
Old Jun 23, 2024, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Whenever you think your the "first" on FT, you usually are not

Regards
ha! I briefly looked but needed to scroll a little.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by dayone
The sky is not falling. The reliability of Reddit is several levels below blog speculation.

It's an error on the app. No change on the website.
I wouldnt be so quick to write it off as Reddit speculation. First of all, its literally a screenshot and something we can all confirm exists. What makes me think theres teeth to this is they specifically added on flights 350 miles or longer meaning they are making changes to it in general, its not just a copy error.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 8:39 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
I wouldnt be so quick to write it off as Reddit speculation. First of all, its literally a screenshot and something we can all confirm exists. What makes me think theres teeth to this is they specifically added on most flights 350 miles or longer meaning they are making changes to it in general, its not just a copy error.
FTFY. AS already has caveats for inflight service on certain routes, so hopefully this is not next.
StevenSeagalFan likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by anteater
FTFY. AS already has caveats for inflight service on certain routes, so hopefully this is not next.
Agreed, would be really a petty thing to roll back.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I always wished I could trade the alcoholic beverage for a snack box.
And the reason you can't is because notwithstanding the relative retail prices of the two items onboard, the snack box costs AS many multiples of the 50 or so that the booze costs AS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.