Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Lavatory Sink Floods Cabin with 4 Inches of Water

Lavatory Sink Floods Cabin with 4 Inches of Water

Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
The average person: 2 liters of urine per day. Boeing 777 capacity 368 people. 2x368= 736 liters. Convert to gallons = 200.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by smith80678
The average person: 2 liters of urine per day. Boeing 777 capacity 368 people. 2x368= 736 liters. Convert to gallons = 200.
that's assuming the average person spends 24 hours on an airplane which really doesn't happen
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:56 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
that's assuming the average person spends 24 hours on an airplane which really doesn't happen
That's actually conservative because it doesn't count liquid poo and diarrhea, plus the entire flight crew ......
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:57 pm

That's actually conservative because it doesn't count liquid poo and diarrhea, plus the entire flight crew ......
Um, ok.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
As a side note, I have noticed pilots and copilots using the lav far more often in the past decade. Perhaps it's due to sitting in F more now than in my younger days and I'm just closer so I notice it more.
mbluecpa, smith80678 and willoL like this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Am I only one who find the front lav sometimes nasty (remember money can't buy you class), so I would rather walk to the back and use one of three less nasty lav in the back?
Old Apr 7, 2024, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by philemer
Ah, that was not water on your clothing.
When the water is north of the pupik, it is most likely water
philemer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
As a side note, I have noticed pilots and copilots using the lav far more often in the past decade. Perhaps it's due to sitting in F more now than in my younger days and I'm just closer so I notice it more.
I have not. But then I've been sitting in F for longer than you have I learned the "sitting in F most of the time" game before you even learned how to hate kale and polenta, and long before FT existed. What I do notice at times is the cockpit crew spending more time out of the lav, having more chat with the FAs, all while we're confined to our seats.
PDXPremier and Seattle123 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 985X
Am I only one who find the front lav sometimes nasty (remember money can't buy you class), so I would rather walk to the back and use one of three less nasty lav in the back?
Honestly, I prefer going to the ones in the back even when I'm in first class just for the chance to stretch my legs.
flytoeat and 985X like this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:19 pm

Honestly, I prefer going to the ones in the back even when I'm in first class just for the chance to stretch my legs.
Well, speaking of walking to the rear bathroom, this American Airlines passenger could do neither; she urinated on the floor of the airport :
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, speaking of walking to the rear bathroom, this American Airlines passenger could do neither; she urinated on the floor of the airport : https://youtu.be/ykIZ26L06tM?feature=shared
♫ We're American Airlines, Peeing where we pee best! ♫
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anteater

I wonder how often the lavatory and plumbing systems undergo a maintenance check.
As frequently as you follow your PCP's advice!
anteater likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by blue2002
Misleading title. The lavatory sink flooded the lavatory with - per one passenger's likely exaggerated account - 2-4 inches of water. That water then spilled into the main cabin, once the lavatory door was opened. It soaked the carpet. It did not flood the main cabin with 2-4 inches, otherwise people would have been wading in it... not to mention that a pretty big water tank would have been needed to start with.
So not a substitute for the trip down the Mississippi that I have longed for? 😛
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanillabean
So not a substitute for the trip down the Mississippi that I have longed for? 😛
As this post continues down the gutter (the one that this AS plane was needing), I think that the best you'll do is a Ty*D*Bowl man-type trip.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:47 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Average age is higher, bladder size is smaller.

Or they are enjoying more beverages up front
Seattle123 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.