Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AmEx Plat Offer - $100 Back on AS Flights Through AmExTravel

Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

I realize these offers are often targeted but wanted to share one I now have on my AmEx Plat with the AS forum that I saw when I logged into my account today and recommend other AmEx Plat holders, especially the AS flyers, check theirs. The offer is Spend $500 or more on Alaska Airlines flights booked through AmEx Travel and receive $100 back.

I do get that there are often drawbacks to not booking directly with the airline and I've personally never booked a flight through AmEx Travel or any CC travel portal and I'm not a frequent AS flyer, especially since moving out of SEA, but if I see a need to fly AS while this offer is still active and AS best meets my needs, I could probably be convinced to book through AS to get the $100 back.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would have to save way more than $100 to ever book a flight through AMEX Travel (Expedia) again.
overshare, wylek, sea_jeff and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Kacee
I would have to save way more than $100 to ever book a flight through AMEX Travel (Expedia) again.
And you might. Within the past several months, I found a discounted F fare for less than the AS website price.
flytoeat and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Can you cancel one of these bookings and deposit to AS Wallet?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by econ
Yes.
Corey Sacken and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:33 pm

yes but the last time I did this I had to call reservations and perhaps customer care to refund the ticket to an e-credit. The system would not allow me to do this online and I could not deposit to my wallet.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And you might. Within the past several months, I found a discounted F fare for less than the AS website price.
My savings threshold for buying through AMEX (Expedia) is more in the $500+ range.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:20 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
What fare class do these discounted First Class fares book into for purposes of EQMs? It looks like they are L, Q, and M fares with free upgrades. On Amex travel it's showing fare rules like:

LH4OASFN/CD40
QH2TDUFN/CDR40
saw another one starting with M as well.

Do these earn C or D fare class EQMs and fare class bonuses?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by John26
What fare class do these discounted First Class fares book into for purposes of EQMs? It looks like they are L, Q, and M fares with free upgrades. On Amex travel it's showing fare rules like:

LH4OASFN/CD40
QH2TDUFN/CDR40
saw another one starting with M as well.

Do these earn C or D fare class EQMs and fare class bonuses?
Mine have credited as I class.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Hmm. I found Alaska coded flights operated by Condor so this offer should work if I book it from there.

A few tempting J fares from SEA at the moment...
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone
Hmm. I found Alaska coded flights operated by Condor so this offer should work if I book it from there.

A few tempting J fares from SEA at the moment...
Date range?
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Date range?
Oh! I was looking during Christmas time for a quick trip:

I think this is the lowest fare I've seen and it's exactly what I'm looking for!
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:29 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Does the ticket need to be fully refundable to work or any non-saver?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Dawgshouse
yes but the last time I did this I had to call reservations and perhaps customer care to refund the ticket to an e-credit. The system would not allow me to do this online and I could not deposit to my wallet.
I use to do this for Delta and I initiated the cancellation from the DL end instead of Amex Travel. That way it ended up as a flight credit without me ever having to call in.

On the Amex Travel end it still kept on showing as an active ticket Not sure if the same logic applies to AS but fairly sure it would be.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
I use to do this for Delta and I initiated the cancellation from the DL end instead of Amex Travel. That way it ended up as a flight credit without me ever having to call in.
Ive done the same method before for a DL ticket purchased through AmEx travel and it worked just like that, which would be ideal. Havent attempted with another carrier though.
secretalcoholic likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.