Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS won't allow award booking of minor on partner even by phone?

Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond

Tried to book 17 yo (traveling alone) on AA to AS flight. Online says cannot do this and must call. Agent says even by calling, AS cannot book any minors on any partner airlines.

Is this correct?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by psychtobe
Tried to book 17 yo (traveling alone) on AA to AS flight. Online says cannot do this and must call. Agent says even by calling, AS cannot book any minors on any partner airlines.

Is this correct?
There was another post a few months ago where someone reported that. I think it was a Condor flight. I actually need to book a minor on an AS partner award and was planning to call today. The website clearly says to call for the booking. But… Stay tuned.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35808498-post789.html and follow-up discussion

Last edited by notquiteaff; Feb 14, 2024 at 3:03 pm
Old Feb 14, 2024, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Is this correct?
OK, I can now confirm that that is NOT correct. I just made an award booking on Condor by calling AS Reservations. It took quite a while because they apparently had to work with Condor on it, but after about 30 minutes it was booked at the same price I saw online. There was no push-back by the agent that it couldn't be done, just some comments that the system wouldn't let them do it and then she put me on hold for quite a while to do the magic behind the scenes (with Condor, apparently).

So... HUCA?
psychtobe likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
i'll give it a shot and maybe not mention up front that i'm making a reservation for my MINOR CHILD.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i'll give it a shot and maybe not mention up front that i'm making a reservation for my MINOR CHILD.
I didn't want to waste time with an agent who would later reject it, so I started out with "I need to book a ticket on a partner airline for a minor, and the website tells me I need to do that by calling reservation."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.