Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alcoholic Beverages Served Inflight - AS Has a Limit?!

Alcoholic Beverages Served Inflight - AS Has a Limit?!

Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by blue bear
Buffalo Trace is the replacement - not bad. Scotch of course is ALWAYS on hand.
I like Buffalo Trace.

Can anyone see what's wrong below?

Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
On my third old fashion I was very gently reminded they are doubles. And I was happy to pause at that point.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:43 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Like any good baseball fan I do the 9 inning challenge, 9 beers in 9 innings. I was on a flight during a Mariners game and watching the game and told the FA about my (so far) undefeated challenge and they were eager to help me keep the streak alive.
TheBeerHunter and williwaw like this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 12:37 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I have never figured out why there is such strong connection between airplanes and alcohol.
Generally, I'm either:
1. Traveling for work and I don't really wanna be here so I'm gonna have a few drinks that aren't on my dime
or
2. I'm heading off on vacation and vacation started two hours ago in the lounge so let's keep drinkin!

Those two scenarios aside... if I'm on a redeye or for whatever reason I want to sleep on a plane - I just cannot do it sober, I need a little knock out juice.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Like any good baseball fan I do the 9 inning challenge, 9 beers in 9 innings. I was on a flight during a Mariners game and watching the game and told the FA about my (so far) undefeated challenge and they were eager to help me keep the streak alive.
Hopefully you had an aisle seat...
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:08 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The cap connectors on the left Five Farms bottle are separated and slightly misaligned. It had already been opened, which I noticed after having taken the picture and while unscrewing the cap. The bottle was empty aside from a few drops, which is not easy to tell from the look and weight of it. I take it a flight attendant at the prior serving in a moment of distraction put the bottle back rather than discard it.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 12:50 pm

1 = 4??

I actually had an AS flight attendant mention to me a few months ago in casual conversation that in training they are told that 1 drink on the ground = 4 drinks in the air. She really said that and she wasnt new! I could see it being a 1:2 ratio based on altitude etc. but that ratio seemed a bit hard to believe
mtofell likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jhawk737
I actually had an AS flight attendant mention to me a few months ago in casual conversation that in training they are told that 1 drink on the ground = 4 drinks in the air. She really said that and she wasnt new! I could see it being a 1:2 ratio based on altitude etc. but that ratio seemed a bit hard to believe
Yeah, that's a pretty ridiculous ratio. I just did a quick Google search and it looks like the whole idea of alcohol hitting people harder at altitude has been debunked. I know for me I don't notice much difference.... and I've done a lot of research
jhawk737 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mtofell
Yeah, that's a pretty ridiculous ratio. I just did a quick Google search and it looks like the whole idea of alcohol hitting people harder at altitude has been debunked. I know for me I don't notice much difference.... and I've done a lot of research
It probably has to do with how much the airline isn't feeding you while slamming down 50ml at a time

(Along with Dee High Drayshen)
mtofell likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 8:47 pm

Programs: Costco Club
I think theres also a liability perspective to some extent. If they over serve you and you crash on the way home that may somehow be partially their fault.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
I think theres also a liability perspective to some extent. If they over serve you and you crash on the way home that may somehow be partially their fault.
Yup. Just like a bartender. Be careful, servers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.