Update (1/11/2024) - The MAX 9 Threads

Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Update (1/11/2024) - The MAX 9 Threads

Moderator Note

Updated to add: Four new threads have been created to continue the discussion of the AS MAX "Blow Out" incident. As noted, it is important (OK, required) that the comments be AS-related. Other threads are welcome; AS-related ones here and general discussion threads elsewhere, maybe OMNI.

Aftermath Effects on and Status of AS MAX 9 Fleet - FlyerTalk Forums
MAX 9 Cancelations, Rebooking and Compensation - AS Offers and What to Ask for - FlyerTalk Forums
MAX 9 Schedule Changes, Cancelations and Equipment Swaps - FlyerTalk Forums
MAX 9 Effect on AS-Boeing Relationship (incl. MAX 9 Assembly, Deliveries Retrofits) - FlyerTalk Forums

-----

Later on Thursday (1/11), the two most active threads discussing the MAX 9 incident will be closed and replaced by two or three new threads.

The interest and reaction to this event was unprecedented. At one point on Friday night, there were almost 1,000 Guests on the AS forum. Because of the volume and velocity of posts, the threads were all over the place, all at once and became impossible to moderate per the FT Rules. Too many posts were off-topic, disruptive, inflammatory, baseless, conspiratorial and/or flat-out false. I deleted some of the obvious offenders, but missed many more. I do appreciate the members who used Alert a moderator (RBP) and those reports allowed me to delete posts that I hadn't read.

The new threads will be tightly tied to AS, AS' MAX-9s, and AS' relationship with Boeing. They will not be the free-for-all, wild west, anything goes discussions of the last five days.

Stay tuned.

dayone, AS Moderator

Last edited by dayone; Jan 13, 2024 at 10:29 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.