Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Direct Partner Booking on Alaskaair.com with 100% EQM

Direct Partner Booking on Alaskaair.com with 100% EQM

Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tennen
I'm confused by the phrasing on the partner earnings pages for AA and JL and could use some help.

For AA, this is on the earnings tables for both AS and AA flight numbers. For JL, the message only appears for the table with AS flight numbers.

To me, that means any (non-Basic) AA-operated flight with an AS or AA flight number earns whatever the chart shows (or greater), as long as you book it via Alaska. Sounds good.

But I can't seem to find any AS-coded, JL-operated flights (tried multiple dates, city pairs, booking engines, etc.), so which earnings table applies if you book a JL-coded, JL-operated flight via Alaska?

Does it follow the "better" chart because it's booked on the Alaska website, even though it has a JL code? Or, does it follow the "worse" chart because it's a JL flight number?
For example, an I fare earns 150% on the former but 70% on the latter, while a V fare earns 100% and 50%. Those are pretty big differences.

AS coded JL flights

Although it's booked in O and Q class they will earn 100% EQM.
Tennen likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:12 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
AS coded JL flights

Although it's booked in O and Q class they will earn 100% EQM.
I feel so stupid. I don't know how I missed that, and I even added the flights to the cart over a dozen times when testing it out. They should really add the AS code in the search results, too. (trying to excuse my stupidity )

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The AS website doesnt allow you to choose seats, but do all partners disallow seat selection for AS plated tickets if you bring up the reservation in their site?

(for me getting a random left-over seat at checkin would be a non starter)
QF did not allow me to despite being 100k
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Tennen
I feel so stupid. I don't know how I missed that, and I even added the flights to the cart over a dozen times when testing it out. They should really add the AS code in the search results, too. (trying to excuse my stupidity )

Thanks!
One would think based on the phrasing of the announcement that the 100% RDM/EQM earn should apply to JL-coded, JL-operated flights booked through alaskaair.com as well though (or any flight booked through alaskaair.com, regardless of marketing carrier, for that matter). Whether its actually the case remains to be seen, I guess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.