Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Envoy Air as American Eagle sold by AS - earn AS miles?

Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond

title says it all!
Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, you will earn miles. It depends if you booked them as AS codeshare flights, or they are AA flight numbers.

Take a look here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-american
Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by psychtobe
title says it all!
Yes, any AA flight marketed by AS (has an AS flight number) will earn according to the AS charts in Mileage Plan, however, the flight is not an eligible segment for AS Elite qualification. If it is standalone or the first leg of an itinerary, check-in with AA.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:57 pm

Just wanted to add that being sold by AS doesn't mean it's marketed by AS (AS flight number) AS sells AA flights with AS flight numbers and AA flights with AA flight numbers.

You will earn miles either way, but what rules you earn by depends on the whose flight number it is.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
the flights are at AS.com and I won't need EQMs or segments, I just want the miles
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Aliquot
Just wanted to add that being sold by AS doesn't mean it's marketed by AS (AS flight number) AS sells AA flights with AS flight numbers and AA flights with AA flight numbers.

You will earn miles either way, but what rules you earn by depends on the whose flight number it is.
Can you provide an example of an AS plated (027 ticket stock), AA marketed & AA operated flight? I know that AA will plate an AS marketed & operated flight, amongst other carriers, but I haven't seen any AS plated AA flights searching on the AS website.

I have had DL, WS & AC plated flights on revenue & awards itineraries before, but those were agent initiated, not othwise available via the website.

James
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Aliquot

I believe alaskaair.com only sells AS-marketed flights for cash. Of course any partner-operated award ticket is also partner-marketed, and you can buy 027 AS-ticketed itineraries with partner-marketed flights through travel agents, but I dont believe you can get tickets without AS flight numbers from ASs web site.
Flying for Fun likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.