Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

So Boeing Field (BFI) shows up in the search box now

So Boeing Field (BFI) shows up in the search box now

Old Oct 11, 2023, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by olouie
Las Palmas, Spain (LPA-Las Palmas) also shows up when you try and type in las vegas and I'm willing to bet $1M that AS will never fly there.
But who knows, they just might get lost and then divert into LPA.....
Old Oct 11, 2023, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Aliquot
No, they won't fly there, but you can buy a ticket (in cash or miles) to LPA on the AS website. As of now you can't do that with BFI.
Yes, but for a long time AS would show lots of international destinations and not allow you to buy a cash ticket. My point was more than AS IT is pretty bad so I don't take anything they do with much confidence or accuracy. Its funny that on mobile if you type in "las" LPA comes up before LAS. Not sure who thought that was good thing haha.

Last edited by olouie; Oct 11, 2023 at 4:10 pm
Old Oct 11, 2023, 6:02 pm

Its funny that on mobile if you type in "las" LPA comes up before LAS. Not sure who thought that was good thing haha.
They must have done that for me since I have bought tickets to LPA more often than LAS. Thanks AS!
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I just saw BFI show up this morning on the departures/arrivals board at PDX.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I just saw BFI show up this morning on the departures/arrivals board at PDX.
Looks like its going out empty? Test flight?

https://www.alaskaair.com/status/9720/2023-10-14
Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:58 pm

I saw a SEA-PAE flight on the boards at SEA some months back and I asked an gate agent about it and they said it wasnt a normal scheduled flight and that if you see a 9 in front (ie AS9XXX) then its a charter/ferry flight of some sort.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Looks like its going out empty? Test flight?

https://www.alaskaair.com/status/9720/2023-10-14
Going to BFI to pick up the Ducks after the UO/UW game.
olouie and Arsene Wenger like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
BFI/MRY coming soon!
Old Oct 15, 2023, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
... Its funny that on mobile if you type in "las" LPA comes up before LAS. Not sure who thought that was good thing haha.
lolz, it doesn’t even require artificial intelligence at the level of AS IT to display the full names in alphabetical order

remember that we FTers make up a fairly small percentage of all AS booking system customers, and the majority of those other customers probably aren’t as savvy when it comes to knowing airport codes … the lookup function therefore operates on full names rather than three-letter codes

Originally Posted by Aliquot
They must have done that for me since I have bought tickets to LPA more often than LAS. Thanks AS!
and of course there’s the exception that proves the rule
​​​​​​​
olouie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.