Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Announces SAN-ATL (Effective May 16, 2024)

AS Announces SAN-ATL (Effective May 16, 2024)

Old Sep 25, 2023, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Post AS Announces SAN-ATL (Effective May 16, 2024)

https://investor.alaskaair.com/news-...go-and-atlanta

Cool!
Alaska Airlines adds new nonstop between San Diego and AtlantaHeart of Georgia becomes our 37th nonstop destination, the most of any carrier from San Diego

SEATTLE, Sept. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Our guests in San Diego love the convenience of our nonstop, coast-to-coast flights. How about we add another? Alaska Airlines is announcing new, daily service between San Diego and Atlanta that begins flying on May 16, 2024. Tickets are available for purchase now at alaskaair.com.

We're committed to growing our network for guests in Southern California. We'll offer 37 nonstop destinations next spring from San Diego to cities across the Northwest, Northeast, California, Mexico, Florida and all four major islands in Hawaii. We currently offer 36 nonstop destinations from San Diego, which remains the most of any airline serving the airport.

"We want to provide our guests in San Diego the most nonstop options," said Kirsten Amrine, vice president of revenue management and network planning for Alaska Airlines. "Not only are San Diego and Atlanta popular destinations for leisure travelers, but both are also major business hubs. We're excited to connect the cities, especially since Atlanta is our largest unserved transcontinental market from San Diego."

Our new service will have a convenient daytime schedule: It will depart San Diego in mid-morning and arrive in Atlanta in the late afternoon with the flight returning to San Diego in the early evening. The times also allow for connecting flights within our intra-California network.

"We appreciate Alaska Airlines new options to destinations across the country," said Kimberly Becker, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority President & CEO. "This new nonstop service to Atlanta offers Southern Californians direct access to Georgia's capital and key economic center, while providing easy access for Georgians to the warmth and beauty of San Diego."

At Alaska, we're proud of our award-winning service. First Class and Premium Class guests enjoy early boarding and the most generous legroom of all domestic carriers. Our First Class offers complimentary hot meals based on a seasonal menu with a range of fresh, bright West Coast-inspired flavors and various beverages. Flyers in Premium Class can also take advantage of complimentary cocktails, hand-selected wines and local beers.

With power outlets at every seat on our mainline aircraft, you can enjoy hundreds of free movies and TV shows that can be streamed right to your own devices during the flight. Our aircraft are also enabled with streaming-fast satellite Wi-Fi available for purchase and the option to pre-order from a range of fresh meal selections to make sure you get what you want.
MSP and SLC both seeing increased SEA frequency as seen on airliners.net
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
How long until Delta swaps one or more of the A321s with an A330 or 767?
Old Sep 25, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan
Probably a Saturday morning in the not-so-far future
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
They should make the flight number 360. (Referring to Delta 360)
travelingdrsuz likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan
DL runs widebodies with lie-flats seasonally on the route, so it's not as big of switch as UA and their 777 to IAD.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
more likely they’ll use 404 (primary ATL area code), although it’s currently showing as 474 in both directions
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Another vote for SAN needing the next AS Lounge?
Old Sep 25, 2023, 3:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The new terminal cannot come soon enough
Old Sep 25, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
There's a whole wish list of things that I'm hoping AS will do as new facilities become available in SAN. #1 is adding back SANSTL, and not to push it (I'd settle for the E75) hope it would be on mainline.

AS is in a unique position because they can grow at SAN but at the expense of WN on the local traffic component. I don't expect AS to operate 12X on SANLAS, but even the long dominated WN routes have room for AS to offer a few daily flights to capture the local traffic and offer connections and appears AS has held their own on SFO/SJC/SMF. There are still a lot of midwest cities that lack WN nonstops to SAN (ICT, OMA, TUL, OKC, etc) and while geographically SAN is further south than say SFO or DEN, with the right schedule and frequency I think they could make these routes work. Of course the disadvantage is the midwest point of sale since most people here won't think to book "Alaska" to fly to the west coast; I think that's why AS has such a limited presence in STL.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jrl767
more likely they’ll use 404
Can’t find the page, eh, plane?
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: Costco Club
I think now is the time to start building an AS lounge in SAN
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Is Alaska now stronger at SAN than at PDX?
AS flew PDX-ATL for a few years until the late 2010s.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
The new terminal cannot come soon enough
Agreed! I just hope they manage to stick to their aggressive schedule and get the first new gates operating by the end of the century.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
I am loving this!
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
It is nice to see more routes out of SAN. Remember pre-Rona Alaska was adding several cities from SAN and it all dried up during the shutdown. I'm taking my first SAN-TPA in November and really happy it's available even if it's only seasonal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.