Phantom award space, or unskilled rep?

Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Seats are back today
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 12:08 am

There's gotta be something special about the NAN-SYD route.

Looking to tack on a flight to an existing YVR-NAN itinerary. Site shows 2 J seats available. Call in, partner desk agent says he only sees coach. I say ok, let's add that, I'll deal with business later. Booking is updated, I go online, try to switch the seat to business, fails.

Go to AA's website, it shows the two seats no problem.

Now, something interesting. I picked a different flight in the day that had availability. First time through, it gave me an error I had never seen before:

The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below.
Could not get HostSession.
Try again after a few minutes.

If you continue to get this response, our communications link to our reservation system may be offline for maintenance. The link will be restored as quickly as possible.

If you need immediate reservation information, call the Alaska Airlines Reservations call center at 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522).

The second attempt went through. And then, after that, I was able to switch back to the original flight in J.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 11:40 pm

Chat rep told me this: "that notice is to let you know that one or more options are no longer available on that partner airline. Because they are loaded into the system once every two hours, and most likely we are not the only airline our partner is offering that specific award fare for on their flight, it is most likely to have already been sold. You are still seeing it because our system just hasn't been updated by the tech agent, which is done once every two hours."
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:02 pm

Frankly that's just excuses they are told to tell you. They don't know any better than we do. The seats last year were visible for days and yet remained non-bookable on Alaska while being fully available on American. The seats I booked earlier this week failed to go through when attempting to switch from economy to business on the same flight, but then booked successfully when switching from a business seat on another flight back to this same flight.

And each time I booked, the inventory immediately was reflected on AS's website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.