Search

overnight in SJC, checked bags?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
overnight in SJC, checked bags?

i have a ticket purchased as a single fare, sea-sjc-koa

the first leg is saturday and arrives at 11 pm. the second leg is sunday and leaves at 7 am. staying at a hotel.

can we check bags through or do we need to collect bags Sat night then arrive at sjc early to check sun morning?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by psychtobe
i have a ticket purchased as a single fare, sea-sjc-koa

the first leg is saturday and arrives at 11 pm. the second leg is sunday and leaves at 7 am. staying at a hotel.

can we check bags through or do we need to collect bags Sat night then arrive at sjc early to check sun morning?
we had trip like this, AS held bags overnight.
We had originally LAX/ MCO direct.
Of course, it was changed to LAX/SEA. Overnight SEA then SEA/MCO next day.
Worried about schlepping luggage back and forth for overnight,
Not an issue, ticketed through to destination. AS Held luggage at SEA until we checked in for morning flight.
psychtobe likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
good to know as this would shorten our sleep time considerably if we have to collect then recheck
pcoll likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
AS rules state that as long as your layover is 12 hrs or less they'll check through your bags.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 1:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold

Travel that includes multiple flights

If your trip includes more than one flight on Alaska Airlines and/or one of our airline partners, we will check your bags to the final destination on your ticket as long as there are fewer than 18 hours between flights.

If you will be in the connecting city for 18 hours or longer, you will need to claim and re-check your baggage. Additional baggage fees may apply.
psychtobe likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PSA: does not work at JFK. Bags can't be checked through on overnight connections. The agent may try but the computer will not allow it.

I'm unsure if there is a similar rule at any other airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.