Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Glitch on website - if shown not on upgrade list, you are not. Don't trust agents!

Glitch on website - if shown not on upgrade list, you are not. Don't trust agents!

Old Mar 15, 2023, 8:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I’ve had this happen to me as well. And you’re 100% right, you are not on the list if you don’t see your name.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So do you coach them through the process? From what I've heard, beyond cancelling and rebooking, the only way to make this happen is to tell them to remove you from the waitlist and re-add you, correct?
Yes, I had this problem recently too.

Ask them to opt you out of upgrades and then have them opt back in, it worked instantly for me.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
+1 recently. I didn’t change my flight but rather Alaska changed my flight from Seattle to Cabo.

I NEVER pay much attention to up grade workings or the list and just trust the process. My bad. I’m just another data point in this recurring theme.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriotts Titanium, OWE, UA Silver
I have had this happen several times in the past few years. Like everyone else I canceled and rebooked... problem solved without even talking to an agent. No stress, no frustration. I agree about it being a system problem so linking this thread to any Alaska communication to the right department might be able to resolve it for future situations.

I am always curious as to what other people consider grounds for compensation. I appreciate this data point, specific to this problem, as well as all the other threads dealing with compensation for whatever reason. In the end I am more interested for the next customer to have a good experience so I try to report anything that I feel could be improved upon. Almost every hotel room has something wrong with it and I let the appropriate people know so it can be fixed or improved upon. Sometimes I feel like I am complaining but it really is customer feedback.

I hope Alaska will fix this issue we all recognize. Next time it happens to me I will probably communicate it to AS.
anteater likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:18 pm

Too bad cancelling and rebooking last minute will often cost a small fortune. Otherwise that would be very simple solution. I wonder if doing a SDC and back again would work.
buschoi likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Too bad cancelling and rebooking last minute will often cost a small fortune. Otherwise that would be very simple solution. I wonder if doing a SDC and back again would work.
In the case of the original poster, the cancelation and rebooking would not have cost any more. It is a simple solution in that case, and one which I regularly do avoid the waitlist snafu.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flytoeat
In the case of the original poster, the cancelation and rebooking would not have cost any more. It is a simple solution in that case, and one which I regularly do avoid the waitlist snafu.
Simple solution?

Assuming there isn't a discount code or companion certificate attached to the reservation. Not so simple!

A cancel & rebook forces a possible lower upgrade priority. Unless you are happy to be lower on the waitlist & accept the IT shortcomings; also not a simple solution.

James
olouie, buschoi and samosa like this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 4:32 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So do you coach them through the process? From what I've heard, beyond cancelling and rebooking, the only way to make this happen is to tell them to remove you from the waitlist and re-add you, correct?
This does not even work sometimes. Booked BOS-SEA that got cancelled due to weather. Got rebooked on BOS-SAN-SEA. I called and texted three times. Each time I asked to be removed from and re-added to the waitlist. I was still missing from the waitlist. I called once again and asked to be assigned an F seat directly on BOS-SAN since I was within 24 hours of departure, not a single person on the waitlist, and there were several F seats available. The Boise agent got his supervisor involved and got it done manually. While inflight (with non-functioning wifi), upgrade processor for SAN-SEA ran. I ended up sitting in exit row. It is one thing I didn’t get upgraded because there are others who are ahead of me, but it is another when I am not even on the waitlist. It dilutes the values for being a 100K.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.