Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

6+ hr delayed AS flight due to mechanical - compensation ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6+ hr delayed AS flight due to mechanical - compensation ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by flytoeat
What's the difference?
Big difference.

An outright voucher for $150 means you could book a ticket for $150 and it would be free.

With a discount voucher, the ticket would still cost you something out of pocket (and you'd want to book one for more than $150). I don't really understand the percentage/how it works (someone tried to explain it on my thread where I talked about getting mine), it's "my adventures coming back from Disneyland".

My discount voucher showed up under "discounts and companion fares", and when I "shopped" with it, you could see the price with the voucher, but it was never covering the full cost.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Was on a flight this morning that should have had some sort of food in F. Apparently not catered, so the FA offered $25 discount voucher or 1000 miles as compensation. They apparently have that ability as part of their phone app.

Looks like there was no compensation or even non-compensation email for the broken “water feature” that resulted in our oh-dark-thirty flight to have no-flush lavs and no coffee.
olouie likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Big difference.

An outright voucher for $150 means you could book a ticket for $150 and it would be free.

With a discount voucher, the ticket would still cost you something out of pocket (and you'd want to book one for more than $150). I don't really understand the percentage/how it works (someone tried to explain it on my thread where I talked about getting mine), it's "my adventures coming back from Disneyland".

My discount voucher showed up under "discounts and companion fares", and when I "shopped" with it, you could see the price with the voucher, but it was never covering the full cost.

From what I remember from your thread the difference between the discount code and the credit certificate was that the discount code could only be used one time, regardless of whether its full value was used and it only took $ off the base fare, not the taxes and fees. The regular voucher could be used partially and retained residual value.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
I wish they would stop both texting me and emailing me the "we are sorry" emails if they aren't doing anything. It rings completely hollow, especially when it shows up 12 hours later. Do something or don't send a fake apology.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.