Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor Tickets with Alaska Miles, Seat Selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Hi, is seat selection available with condor business class tickets booked with Alaska Miles? I am not getting that option on Condor's website.

Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mattack4000
Hi, is seat selection available with condor business class tickets booked with Alaska Miles? I am not getting that option on Condor's website.
Last time I checked out the available seats by making a mock revenue booking, then called Condor and told them which seat I wanted. Worked fine.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Im also noticing seat reservations are locked in once you get one
No changing unless u call in

Condor seems to be having alot of delayed deliveries
on the 330-neo so aircraft and sub contracted changes alot
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I have tickets on 3 different flights. Two allowed seat selection- 1 did not. Not sure if their internal system, too far ahead in schedule or why.
Just did them on all on line with Condor PNR.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

My flight is 4 months out probably have to wait
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
My flight is 4 months out probably have to wait
Did you try calling Condor?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

I have not. I secured two more seats via Alaska, same thing seat selection isn’t available. Fine by me if they want to separate my family more quiet times 😝
Old Mar 11, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
I have not. I secured two more seats via Alaska, same thing seat selection isn’t available. Fine by me if they want to separate my family more quiet times 😝
Calling Condor is useless anyways in my experience. Their agents always manage to bring my ego down a few notches. They spelled my sister’s name wrong one time on our reservation and somehow it was my fault. Another time they booked my sister and brother-in-law on the wrong connecting flight from FRA-MAD giving them an 8 hour layover instead of 3 hour layover. When I discovered the mistake 3 days later she called and got chewed out “why did you wait 3 days!?” Another time we had 3 seats across in DE J. When we got to the airport they had changed our seats to me in 3G and them in 4D/G. When I asked for an explanation the agent threw her hands up and said “sometimes the seats just go like this” as she made a scrambling motion. Good times. That all said, it’s still my favorite way to get to Europe from ANC.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:57 am
Original Poster

I am now within 90 days, still no ability to select seat
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: Alaska
I find I can select seats on their website only if the entire reservation is on Condor. If there is an Alaska leg I have to call in. I have done that before and it wasn't a problem.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Keep in mind booking J on DE only gets you J on USA to FRA and back, the rest of your trip is the back of the bus next to the bathrooms unless you have status with UA or LH or some Star Alliance member, or it’s another DE long haul flight. I’ve even paid extra on the LH website for PE or business upgrading only to still be stuck last row or close, this has happened a couple of times to the tune of about $150 in extra fees and zero chance of getting the money back.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I am going from Sfo to sea to Fra. The Sfo to sea is in coach but I get a bed going to Europe
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:14 pm

I am going from Sfo to sea to Fra. The Sfo to sea is in coach but I get a bed going to Europe
That will be nice. I’ve done Condor Business three times ANC-FRA in 2012, 2016, and 2019, and it improved each time. However the best the 767 ever had was 170 degree recline in the 2-2-2 config, so nowhere near what the A330-900neo is offering, which is fully flat bed and direct aisle access.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I’ve even paid extra on the LH website for PE or business upgrading only to still be stuck last row or close, this has happened a couple of times to the tune of about $150 in extra fees and zero chance of getting the money back.
Strange. I once booked Condor ANC-FRA-CPH in J, but the second leg was in LH Y. They didn’t assign me a seat but I was able to select a “preferred” economy seat through LH, for like $40? I’ve never in my life paid for a seat upgrade and not had it stick, on any of the 7 or 8 European airlines I’ve flown (Lufthansa, SAS, Air Berlin (operated by Air Niki?) Alitalia (operated by Air one) Iberia, BA, Iceland Air, Aer Lingus, etc.)
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
You did not say what class you’re flying from SEA-FRA but I will assume up front. I’ve done this route a couple of times and will put it in an OK category. I flew with them last month and had their A332 on the outbound and their new A330-neo on the inbound. Suggest you check the Condor forum in the European Air forum for more info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.