Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Can Travel Credits Be Re-used Multiple Times?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

With change fees now a thing of the past, is it possible to cancel an itinerary even four or five times without penalty, rebooking with the credit from the previous cancellation? It sounds too good to be true, but I guess it works?

Thx...
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Explore
With change fees now a thing of the past, is it possible to cancel an itinerary even four or five times without penalty, rebooking with the credit from the previous cancellation? It sounds too good to be true, but I guess it works?

Thx...
I'm not sure what they rules are supposed to be but I've cancelled and rebooked at least 3 times using a mix of previous credits (not always the same itinerary, but never actually flown any of them yet).
Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If you credit to wallet there's no limitation that I'm aware of.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this — although expiration date rolls to one year from booking date

book 1 Mar for 15 Mar, cancel on 13 Mar, get wallet credit that expires 1 Mar; use part of that credit to book on 14 Mar for 22 Mar, cancel on 20 Mar, get new wallet credit that expires 14 Mar (note the unused portion of the first credit still retains the 1 Mar expiration date)
Old Feb 26, 2023, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
So it’s theoretically possible if you never take your wallet balance to zero within a year, there could be an older credit hanging in there that will expire?
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
pretty sure they process first-in-first-out, so any purchase using wallet funds will pull the oldest ones
leroix likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.