Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February 2023 Winter Weather SEA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
This always makes me laugh. Portland gets 9" inches of unforecast snow and the entire Portland area is essentially paralyzed, but you are "done" with Alaska. I'm wondering how your lounge access would be with Delta in first? Oh wait, it's no access ever.
And your point about Delta Airlines is what, exactly? That customers shouldn't comment on Alaska's change in policy for lounge access for F full-fare paying passengers because Delta doesn't? Please, if you want to truly begin comparing airlines, surely we can also compare on-board product as well, beginning with seat-back screens in all Delta F mainline aircraft -- Alaska, oh wait, bring your iPhone and headphones.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
that’s exactly the same “apology” I got for a 1-hr maint delay on BWI-SEA last week

“AS is enhancing the customer service recovery gesture process by *not* making you take the time to enter a certificate number and PIN for a $25 voucher”
from a text recent exchange with anteater
I have to admit, I don't think I've ever received an apology from AS that didn't include a customer service certificate or miles....odd.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
bogus policy change? They’re trying to prevent overcrowding. A lounge membership is $500/yr and you can fly any airline…. I’m sure you were very pleasant to the staff who have no ability to refund you in full nor control the weather.
Seriously - if Alaska wants to prevent overcrowding, I would suggest not to start with full-fare paying F class passengers, irrespective of distance flown. Add the $59 (the "daily pass" rate) to the hundreds of dollars already charged for F class. Charging separate 'fees' for luggage, meals, and baggage may work for airlines for their coach customers - for first class customers (at least this one), not so much. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "and you can fly any airline" - if you're suggesting I pay an annual Alaska lounge fee so that I can go the Alaska Lounge in Los Angeles when I am flying BA F from LAX to Heathrow?? Yeah, right.

The staff at SEA were absolutely great (other than the lounge dragon who announced she was 'making an exception' by allowing me into the lounge as though she was doing a favor). And to be clear, who wrote that staff had no ability to refund my fare? Of course it was refunded the next morning when I went to SEA and said that I couldn't wait for yet another rebooked flight 36 hours later.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
An Alaska MAX just pulled into one of the FIS gates normally used by Delta at SLC. Looks like it came from PVR as AS9677. Related to all the west coast weather mess?
Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
FR24 shows same flight number SLC-PVR on a -900 a few days ago; likely a charter

back on topic — the SEA forecast for tonight is wintry mix starting ~2200; accumulation of ~2” by the time it stops ~0600; low of 32F
beckoa and mildfrequence like this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pacman3
Seriously - if Alaska wants to prevent overcrowding, I would suggest not to start with full-fare paying F class passengers, irrespective of distance flown.
You are aware that no other US airline granted lounge access for F passengers, right? (Excepting premium t-cons of course, where you'll still qualify on AS due to flight distance.)
Originally Posted by pacman3
Please, if you want to truly begin comparing airlines, surely we can also compare on-board product as well, beginning with seat-back screens in all Delta F mainline aircraft -- Alaska, oh wait, bring your iPhone and headphones.
Well you could try AA and UA, neither of which have personal screens on most domestic flights. Then of course there's the food - AS is consistently better than both UA and DL IMO.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Going to be pretty wintery in PDX overnight too... fingers crossed for departure tomorrow AM
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:05 pm

At 3pm today AS cancelled our SEA-BWI tomorrow morning for "weather" - they can do this with a straight face? I'm about done with trying to use AS to go east.

Update from the next day - if I squint, there's some snow on grassy patches and it's 35 out. Thanks Alaska.
pacman3 likes this.

Last edited by StrandedinLA; Feb 26, 2023 at 9:17 am
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Weather waiver for Seattle for tomorrow and next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.