New Boarding Order Category

Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by gaobest
First at least is boarding with the 100k. On UAL the 1k (100k) pax board BEFORE first class. And there are a lot of 1k on UAL all boarding before F.
100K miles doesn't get you 1K anymore unless you have also met spend requirements. In other words, you don't even need to fly anyway close to 100K miles to get top status.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: Yes
“Priority” needs to go, hard stop.

I watched another flight which was delayed ask all pre-boarders to line up so we can board as quickly as possible. Besides legitimate pre-boarding pax (eg disabilities, kids under two), a very large number of pax who were ineligible thought they called “Priority”.

About half of the plane boarded in pre-boarding and the GAs made no attempt to enforce boarding groups.

The most overheard sentiment was, “I know we aren’t allowed to board yet, but if he turns us away I’ll just stand there / stare.”

aneater sad. 🤙🏻🥃
Buster, olouie, minhaoxue and 5 others like this.

Last edited by anteater; Jan 31, 2023 at 10:00 am
Old Jan 31, 2023, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by anteater

I watched another flight which was delayed ask all pre-boarders to line up so we can board as quickly as possible. Besides legitimate pre-boarding pax (eg disabilities, kids under two), a very large number of pax who were ineligible thought they called “Priority”.

About half of the plane boarded in pre-boarding and the GAs made no attempt to enforce boarding groups.

The most overheard sentiment was, “I know we aren’t allowed to board yet, but if he turns us away I’ll just stand there / stare.”

aneater sad. 🤙🏻🥃
1000% this. My recent flight are chaos as there is a mad rush when priority is called. Mix that with GAs not using priority lanes properly and it’s really bad.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Wow! Kudos to GA on my SJC to SEA flight! Turned away those trying to board out of turn. Two peeps in front of me (PRI) told to step aside.
Buster, olouie, pipeliner and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: Tribe 54 Sweat Lodge 12
Originally Posted by trektheusa
Last night, I swear half the plane was boarded by the time they called A
I seriously doubt half the plane is either in F (logistically) or 100k (statistically)... but the real prob is they don't enforce groups. So you have a bunch of clueless or purposeful clowns going out of turn.
Crazy Dave likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by beamerbenzbentli
I seriously doubt half the plane is either in F (logistically) or 100k (statistically)... but the real prob is they don't enforce groups. So you have a bunch of clueless or purposeful clowns going out of turn.
But half the plane might have the AS credit card, now with PRIority boarding.
Buster, olouie, be_rettSEA and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
True, it's definitely worse now thanks to the name "priority". I'll be in Main as a MVPG meaning I'm in group A, but my bag tag still says Priority. The signs at the ticket counters and the gates even still say "priority" next to the oneworld logo. The sign at the gate still says priority, next to the ovals for Ruby Sapphire and Gold! I'm not surprised people are getting confused, I could certainly see a OW Ruby interpreting that as "I get to board when they call priority boarding" and I really don't blame them, and that's on top of the language for the AS credit card still saying "priority" too. It made way more sense when they just called "First class and 100K"; the word "priority" is way too overloaded.

And it wouldn't necessarily be a problem if gate agents enforced boarding groups, but they absolutely don't. And someone tries boarding in PRI once, isn't questioned, so of course they're just going to do it on every future flight because why not?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by anteater

aneater sad. 🤙🏻🥃
this was EXACTLY our experience last week.
When first class and priority passengers called to board, about half of those waiting in gate area lined up to board.
anteater, remyjette and Seattle123 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by dayone
Or change the name of the initial boarding group from Priority to Premium.
Pre obviously means TSA precheck.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:11 am

Write in to Alaska listens after fight or customer care. I find they actually do review those. Only way to stop this mess.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
To be honest, this has gotten so bad it might be worth direct e-mails to the two VPs that do airport ops (one handles just SEA, the other everywhere else). SAN-MCO yesterday was pure comedy when they announced PRI... the gate agent had to start saying "This is our First Class Cabin an 100k Flyers ONLY"
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
To be honest ...
I would expect no less of you!

Meanwhile my next trip is in a week, in a leisure market, so I expect even more orderly boarding than usual! . By the time I get onboard, I'll probably need not only mi mosa, but also tu mosa and su mosa, too. 🍷
Buster, notquiteaff, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by navydevildoc;[url=tel:34980460
34980460[/url]]To be honest, this has gotten so bad it might be worth direct e-mails to the two VPs that do airport ops (one handles just SEA, the other everywhere else). SAN-MCO yesterday was pure comedy when they announced PRI... the gate agent had to start saying "This is our First Class Cabin an 100k Flyers ONLY"
I just pinged AS. 🤙🏻🥃
pcoll likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
. By the time I get onboard, I'll probably need not only mi mosa, but also tu mosa and su mosa, too. 🍷
This is what I described when I sent comments to Alaska Listens.
By the time we were able to board in F, we needed a PDB. Which , of course, was not offered.
olouie, NoLaGent and anteater like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:13 am

Interestingly enough, skywest operated flight seem to run better. Not sure if it just the routes because GA should be same as mainline flights right? The announcement with the two flights I've taken on them since new order they both said something like Priority boarding as indicated on your boarding pass for First, 100k, and MMers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.