Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

100K Complimentary Snack or Meal in Main Cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
From Earning Mileage Plan elite status - Alaska Airlines:

Complimentary snack for MVP Gold 100K members is available on most flights over 790 miles. Fresh meals for MVP Gold 100K are available via pre-order only. You will be asked to provide a credit card for any pre-ordered items, though the flight attendant onboard will comp one item onboard. Depending on length of flight and departure time, meal options may include one of our Picnic Packs, a Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter, a Protein Platter, a sandwich or a salad.
Print Wikipost

100K Complimentary Snack or Meal in Main Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by tpritchard
I can confirm - after a helpful FA showed me the memos on their inflight device - that the 100K snack pack comp is shown in a memo all FAs are required to read, while the 100K fresh meal comp clarification is shown in an optional memo they're *encouraged* (but not required) to read.

As a dual-status (100K + 1MM) I continue to be sometimes offered a snack pack for free after my comped pre-ordered fresh meal - and sometimes given side eye when 100K benefit is not offered and I inquire about the discrepancy for dual-status fliers like me.

The confusion continues.
Side eye is one way to treat a very loyal customer. The gentleman next to me recently was 2MM lifetime and 100k and the FA couldn't understand how he was 100k instead of 75k and was confused why he was was getting a free meal. He was very pleasant and took it all in stride, but not a good look for AS when FAs are suspicious of their most loyal customers. There can't be many 2mm milers on AS.

Last edited by olouie; Feb 1, 2023 at 5:02 pm
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Next up: scan your boarding pass on the jetway's vending machine. You get what you get.
"Sir, please stop shaking the vending machine. You're shaking the entire jetway. We're not even lined up with the plane door anymore."
PaperGlider and Seattle123 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
"Sir, please stop shaking the vending machine. You're shaking the entire jetway. We're not even lined up with the plane door anymore."
Hmph, just take the machine onboard
PaperGlider and Seattle123 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
My husband and I are both 100K and flew in coach SEA-SJC this past weekend. We both got snack boxes, and I was charged for both Texting customer care I was told they can't handle the refund and to email [email protected]. Quite the hassle to get a refund for a crappy snack box.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
My husband and I are both 100K and flew in coach SEA-SJC this past weekend. We both got snack boxes, and I was charged for both Texting customer care I was told they can't handle the refund and to email [email protected]. Quite the hassle to get a refund for a crappy snack box.
Fill out the Alaska listens feedback as well. They actually read and respond.
TheBeerHunter and Air Houston like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
With every flight crew having the hand held device (iphone, ipad or whatever), I wonder why AS can't create an app update that places a notification banner that's not hidden on top of the screen instructing FAs to comp one food item for 100Ks. This would just eliminate this hassle of trying to get refunded.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: Yes
I also was charged on a recent flight. anteater sad.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Wink

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
With every flight crew having the hand held device (iphone, ipad or whatever), I wonder why AS can't create an app update that places a notification banner that's not hidden on top of the screen instructing FAs to comp one food item for 100Ks. This would just eliminate this hassle of trying to get refunded.
Why do things the easy way. Hey, I know, why don't you bring this up at the next Q&A session lol.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
Originally Posted by QT31415
Why do things the easy way. Hey, I know, why don't you bring this up at the next Q&A session lol.
Sorry, there is already a million miler in the queue ready to spend 10 minutes expositing on how he should be the only one who gets free meals...
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by QT31415
AS is busy reinventing the lobby experience
olouie, QT31415, leroix and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:59 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by olouie
Fill out the Alaska listens feedback as well. They actually read and respond.
How can it be “charged”
if comped. I’m a bit confused how the FA could not comp the benefit and even have the option to charge if it is a benefit for the 100K and when handing the meal the FA physically reads on the device I’m handing this to a 100K. Does the FA have a choice and must actively press charge??
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman
How can it be “charged”
if comped. I’m a bit confused how the FA could not comp the benefit and even have the option to charge if it is a benefit for the 100K and when handing the meal the FA physically reads on the device I’m handing this to a 100K. Does the FA have a choice and must actively press charge??
When preordered (which many flights require unless you want to risk them running out) you need to enter a CC.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Was sitting in First the other day.
I asked for the MVP Chocolate Bar. I was told they hand these out only in Economy. Surprised, as this is an Eltite benefit, not a Booking Class benefit.
Minos
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Minos;[url=tel:34996592
34996592[/url]]Was sitting in First the other day.
I asked for the MVP Chocolate Bar. I was told they hand these out only in Economy. Surprised, as this is an Eltite benefit, not a Booking Class benefit.
Minos
If I recall correctly, it’s an elite benefit IFF you are seated in the Main Cabin. So, it isn’t a part of the FC service; however, when in FC and politely asking for one it is rare that a FA will decline to provide it.
buschoi likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 8:58 am

Remind the flight attendents not to charge you

FYI

Last week when I flew from PHX - SEA was the first time I used this benefit of the free snack. I reminded the flight attendant not to charge me.
Her reply was " don't worry its automatic no charge for 100K " , Guess what, it's not, I was charged from ANC - PHX, as I didn't remind the FA not to charge me.
I called Customer care, and for the first time this particular agent didn't seem to care. She told me to call accounting for a refund, With no apology.
I don't need the bonus points which she never offered , a simple ,I'm sorry and we will investigate would have been enough.
anteater likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.