Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Jun 25, 2024, 1:40 am

Programs: FB Plat, MM FTL, IB Silver, ALL Plat
Originally Posted by FFVienna
Hi everyone, I'm trying to register for Mileage Plan and keep getting this error: "One or more fields below don't match our records. Please check for possible errors and if applicable, enter the same information you used to sign up."
I'm positive I have never tried to sign up for Alaska before - what do I do?
Upd: Quite randomly, it got resolved by registering with a VPN on. (VPN wasn't for my home country - Austria - nor the US). Leaving here in case someone has a similar issue in the future.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 1:41 am

Programs: FB Plat, MM FTL, IB Silver, ALL Plat
Another question on that note - did anyone have any luck crediting miles for FJ (or any other one world partner airline) tickets sold as part of EK itinerary to AS? The tickets show up with a FJ flight number and a separate PNR, but are included in the same booking and have one EK ticket number. As ticket number is EK, Im not too hopeful, but perhaps AS is lenient on this?

Last edited by FFVienna; Jun 25, 2024 at 2:12 am
Old Jun 25, 2024, 6:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Anyone else having trouble booking with the website this morning. I cannot get beyond the spinning circle.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 10:30 am

Using a 75k lounge day pass for the first time in years when flying PDX-SEA-MCO. Do they still work at multiple airports with one pass on the layover? If so, do i present my code at both airport lounges, or do they mark my boarding pass or something?
Old Jun 25, 2024, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Did I miss it or am I reporting something new. I was looking for award flights SEA-EUR this morning. The search engine now says it cannot display the calendar for "partner-only" awards. This is a major change in functionality and makes searches so much more cumbersome. Anybody else see this?
Old Jun 25, 2024, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Did I miss it or am I reporting something new. I was looking for award flights SEA-EUR this morning. The search engine now says it cannot display the calendar for "partner-only" awards. This is a major change in functionality and makes searches so much more cumbersome. Anybody else see this?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ne-routes.html
WillTravel4Food likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2024, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by gobeavs8
Using a 75k lounge day pass for the first time in years when flying PDX-SEA-MCO. Do they still work at multiple airports with one pass on the layover? If so, do i present my code at both airport lounges, or do they mark my boarding pass or something?
Yes, they are..... Just tell the agent at the second lounge that you have a 75K pass that you started earlier. The "75K pass" seems to be the main info they need.

All this being said I recently did this same thing using one of my passes at PDX then SEA and I'm pretty sure they dinged me two of the four. Strangely, all of the redemption dates say 12/31/24 rather than the actual dates and I haven't had a chance to look into it further. I still have one pass left (thinking I should have two) so I will probably just ask when I redeem that one.
anteater likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 4:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MileagePlan MVP
Is there a tracker anywhere for the addition of satellite WiFi to the E175 fleet?
samosa likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
In the refreshments guide in the plane, the pamphlet that lists out all the drink options, it says there is the True Lemon, True Lime, and True Grapefruit packets

This might sound like a stupid question Ö but what drink(s) do we mix True Grapefruit with? lol 😂
Old Jul 2, 2024, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by maradori
In the refreshments guide in the plane, the pamphlet that lists out all the drink options, it says there is the True Lemon, True Lime, and True Grapefruit packets

This might sound like a stupid question Ö but what drink(s) do we mix True Grapefruit with? lol 😂
The lemon and lime packets go great with a multitude of options. A couple of other airlines have them too and I really like them; they're much more consistent than having fresh fruit (which is nice, but inconsistent). The grapefruit one REALLY packs a punch. I've found that one packet is sufficient for two of the small cans of seltzer.

You could also do a makeshift paloma with the grapefruit powder, tequila, and either sprite or seltzer with sugar/sweetener. Do they have a margarita mixer? If so it might give it a little kick too.

-J.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by GW McLintock;[url=tel:36348112
36348112[/url]]The grapefruit one REALLY packs a punch. I've found that one packet is sufficient for two of the small cans of seltzer.
Iím on my flight home right now and just tried it. OMFG itís so good, I can actually tolerate seltzer water now!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2024, 12:49 pm

Can you get AS to sell a seat on a sold out flight?

Iím a 1K with United, and one of my favorite benefits is being able to buy seats on sold out flights (the catch is they have to be Y or B fare aka $$$).

Now Iím flying Alaska more.. Does Alaska offer any similar benefit? Who qualifies and how do you take advantage of it?
Old Jul 10, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Evening all - please forgive my ignorance, but I am brand new to the world of AS and trying to understand something before potentially jumping ship. I am just confused about the earning of elite status and would appreciate knowledge from those who know - so much thanks in advance for your help.

I would be starting at 0, now let's say I book a flight with Qatar LHR-DOH in D class.
The actual mileage is 3,259 miles. If I use wheretocredit it tells me I would earn 7,329 miles with AS
From an elite status perspective would I earn 3,259 miles or would I earn 7,329 miles for this flight?

Similarly if I flew LHR-SIN with SQ again in D the actual mileage is 6,765 miles and wheretocredit tells me I would earn 13,523 miles - same question as above, although now I suppose the question is more do these count as elite qualifying as SQ is not a OneWorld member (the reason I am asking is currently with BA status can only be earned with OneWorld partners)?

Again, thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Evening all - please forgive my ignorance, but I am brand new to the world of AS and trying to understand something before potentially jumping ship. I am just confused about the earning of elite status and would appreciate knowledge from those who know - so much thanks in advance for your help.

I would be starting at 0, now let's say I book a flight with Qatar LHR-DOH in D class.
The actual mileage is 3,259 miles. If I use wheretocredit it tells me I would earn 7,329 miles with AS
From an elite status perspective would I earn 3,259 miles or would I earn 7,329 miles for this flight?

Similarly if I flew LHR-SIN with SQ again in D the actual mileage is 6,765 miles and wheretocredit tells me I would earn 13,523 miles - same question as above, although now I suppose the question is more do these count as elite qualifying as SQ is not a OneWorld member (the reason I am asking is currently with BA status can only be earned with OneWorld partners)?

Again, thanks in advance for your help.
You can find all this on the following pages. Mileage accrual rates are at the end of each page.
Qatar
Singapore

For the QR flights in D, you would earn RDM at 2.25 times the mileage flown. For EQM you would earn 1.25 times the miles flown. For your example: RDM = 7,333, and EQM = 4,074.
For SQ RDM would be 2.0 times, and EQM 1.0 times. For your example: RDM = 13,530, EQM = 6,765.

Your status will be earned for AS, with an added benefit of achieving OW status through miles credited from all AS partners, even if they aren't OW members. I often have DE mileage credit that gets me over the hump to Gold or 75K. OW status is mileage origin agnostic.
Old Jul 11, 2024, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
You can find all this on the following pages. Mileage accrual rates are at the end of each page.
Qatar
Singapore

For the QR flights in D, you would earn RDM at 2.25 times the mileage flown. For EQM you would earn 1.25 times the miles flown. For your example: RDM = 7,333, and EQM = 4,074.
For SQ RDM would be 2.0 times, and EQM 1.0 times. For your example: RDM = 13,530, EQM = 6,765.

Your status will be earned for AS, with an added benefit of achieving OW status through miles credited from all AS partners, even if they aren't OW members. I often have DE mileage credit that gets me over the hump to Gold or 75K. OW status is mileage origin agnostic.
Thank you very much for your very helpful response!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.