Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I know on the 737s, it's generally best practice not to book row 4 in case of a downgauge to an aircraft with a 12F (3-row) cabin. However I don't need to worry about this on the 175, right? We're currently in 3A and 4A on a flight operated by SkyWest.

-J.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Separate question: I have SFO-SAN-JFK booked for two people (myself included), using a companion pass and GGUs. If I want to switch us to a later SFO-SAN, if I do it online it puts us in main on SFO-SAN; if I call in, they have to reissue the ticket and we lose the upgrade on SAN-JFK (according to the agent on the phone). Is there a better way to go about this?

If not, I'm happy to sit in Y for the short flight, given I can select Y+ immediately and we'll be on the upgrade list anyway. I am MVPG.

-J.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Separate question: I have SFO-SAN-JFK booked for two people (myself included), using a companion pass and GGUs. If I want to switch us to a later SFO-SAN, if I do it online it puts us in main on SFO-SAN; if I call in, they have to reissue the ticket and we lose the upgrade on SAN-JFK (according to the agent on the phone). Is there a better way to go about this?

If not, I'm happy to sit in Y for the short flight, given I can select Y+ immediately and we'll be on the upgrade list anyway. I am MVPG.

-J.
The phone reps have the power to let you reuse your Comp. cert and your GGUs if they want to. Call back until you get a rep. who will do it for you. No guarantees of course.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
The phone reps have the power to let you reuse your Comp. cert and your GGUs if they want to. Call back until you get a rep. who will do it for you. No guarantees of course.
Yeah after asking a couple of friends I realized this is a HUCA situation. My first ...... res agent!!!

-J.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 1:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I know on the 737s, it's generally best practice not to book row 4 in case of a downgauge to an aircraft with a 12F (3-row) cabin. However I don't need to worry about this on the 175, right? We're currently in 3A and 4A on a flight operated by SkyWest.

-J.
As long as it stays a 175, yes, all of the Horizon/Skywest versions have 4 rows of FC.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah after asking a couple of friends I realized this is a HUCA situation. My first ...... res agent!!!
I just called again and got an agent in Boise. She said since it was booked more than 24 hours ago, I would not get the GGUs back

I will try a couple of times more later this evening. Maybe there's some new policy.

-J.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just called again and got an agent in Boise. She said since it was booked more than 24 hours ago, I would not get the GGUs back

I will try a couple of times more later this evening. Maybe there's some new policy.

-J.
Write their names down so you don't talk to same one twice.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Write their names down so you don't talk to same one twice.
Oh I have... but this morning I got Bob in BOI RES and didn't even have to ask twice. Five minutes later, all is set. I wrote down his name in a compliment via Twitter.

-J.
philemer likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh I have... but this morning I got Bob in BOI RES and didn't even have to ask twice. Five minutes later, all is set. I wrote down his name in a compliment via Twitter.

-J.
Awesome. Another victory for HUCA.
Old Jun 21, 2024, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist

I always choose to deposit into my wallet but then I saw something that said I'd forfeit my discount code. If I choose the last option it seems like my discount code will still be active? Is that correct?
Old Jun 21, 2024, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by ssk244
I always choose to deposit into my wallet but then I saw something that said I'd forfeit my discount code. If I choose the last option it seems like my discount code will still be active? Is that correct?
I would call.
Question about flexibility of Discount Code

I'm beginning to think it might come in handy to have a discount code master thread.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 2:52 pm

Are there any tricks to get your AA flights to show up? I added AAdvantage # to my profile but it doesn't link it.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 3:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by gef100
Are there any tricks to get your AA flights to show up? I added AAdvantage # to my profile but it doesn't link it.
Did you purchase on the AS website? Is it an AS codeshare flight?

If it was purchased on the AA website, has an AA flight number, and your AA FF# attached, I don't think you'll ever see it in your AS account. It's a reservation AS has no relationship to and therefore will never see anything about it.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Did you purchase on the AS website? Is it an AS codeshare flight?

If it was purchased on the AA website, has an AA flight number, and your AA FF# attached, I don't think you'll ever see it in your AS account. It's a reservation AS has no relationship to and therefore will never see anything about it.

AA award flight purchased on AS. Wanting it to show up on AA.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by gef100
AA award flight purchased on AS. Wanting it to show up on AA.
If it doesn't show up on the AS website, look for the email receipt. It should have the AA PNR. Use that to add it to your AA trip list on the AA website. If you don't have a receipt, call AS because something might be holding it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.