Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old May 28, 2024, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
While going through old boxes of “stuff” to get rid of things, I came across an envelope with my UA MileagePlus history, sent to me by United in 2008. It basically has all the flights that hit my UA account from 1994 onwards (until 2008). Nice - will help me add historic flights to my.flightradar24.com.

Is there a way to get AS to produce a similar data dump? I assume not (even UA stopped doing that years ago), but thought I would ask. My first AS flight was 1994 or so, but I have no record of it (I suspect I booked it on the phone back then).
Old May 28, 2024, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by yitianjian
Does booking a hotel through alaskaair.com/hotels give you elite qualifying miles? Or does it count as bonus miles?
No, you only get redeemable miles.
Old May 29, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
While going through old boxes of “stuff” to get rid of things, I came across an envelope with my UA MileagePlus history, sent to me by United in 2008. It basically has all the flights that hit my UA account from 1994 onwards (until 2008). Nice - will help me add historic flights to my.flightradar24.com.

Is there a way to get AS to produce a similar data dump? I assume not (even UA stopped doing that years ago), but thought I would ask. My first AS flight was 1994 or so, but I have no record of it (I suspect I booked it on the phone back then).
Nope, pretty sure they only keep records going back two years or so.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Nope, pretty sure they only keep records going back two years or so.
That doesn’t bode well for those still looking for VX MM credit.

When Will VX FFs Receive Promised AS Million Miler Credit?
Old May 30, 2024, 6:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

In-Flight Entertainment. Does AS still pass out screens?

It has been many many years since we have flown AS. We have a flight on Sunday. Do they still pass out portable in flight entertainment screens to watch movies, etc? We are in First if that makes a difference. Thanks.
Old May 30, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by david55
It has been many many years since we have flown AS. We have a flight on Sunday. Do they still pass out portable in flight entertainment screens to watch movies, etc? We are in First if that makes a difference. Thanks.
They do not regardless of flight length or class. All IFE is on your own devices.
Old May 30, 2024, 4:03 pm

I got upgraded to MVP Gold 75k through Delta status match. Due to a huge delay, this processed early January this year.

The status is valid till the end 2024, but GGUs are valid till the end of 2025. Since I won't keep the status in 2025, will GGUs still be valid in 2025? If they will actually be valid, I would rather save them for 2025 when I'm a nobody.
Old May 30, 2024, 6:54 pm

Thank you everyone for their wealth of knowledge.. random question on creative Companion Pass routings:

We have two separate trips upcoming, one late summer and one early in the new year. Our home base is PDX, and it would consist of something like DFW-PDX (one way in August, using AA for the route to Dallas), and then months later is PDX-OGG-PDX (roundtrip in Feb). Using the Multi-city search with the companion fare applied, it actually will let me get to the checkout screen for this itinerary, so seems like it would book out, and I can get the benefit of at least one more leg (DFW-PDX) being on the companion fare as well.

Big question though, is there a major risk or downside to this? What happens if we fly the first trip (DFW-PDX), but travel dates need to change for the later trip -- can we? The several months difference gives me pause, but the $400 savings is extremely tempting..
Old Jun 1, 2024, 1:51 pm

Lounge Question C or N: SeaTac

We have flight tomorrow. It appears our plane departs from the N gates. I know we have to pay as our flight is 2043 miles. ( 57 short of free admission) Is there one lounge that might be less crowded at 8:30AM between either the C gate lounge and the N gate lounge thinking less crowded may help us to gain entry? Thanks

Last edited by david55; Jun 1, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Old Jun 1, 2024, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
We have flight tomorrow. It appears our plane departs from the N gates. I know we have to pay as our flight is 2043 miles. ( 57 short of free admission) Is there one lounge that might be less crowded at 8:30AM between either the C gate lounge and the N gate lounge thinking less crowded may help us to gain entry? Thanks
No pay, it’s 2000 miles now. Go to N.

kalderlake likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
No pay, it’s 2000 miles now. Go to N.
So cool. Thank you.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 2:50 pm

So cool. Thank you.
No problem, and agreed on cool. There are 4 of us in F tomorrow from SFO to ANC and my friends were also thrilled to hear of this change as that clocks in at 2,014 miles. ;-)
Old Jun 1, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
No problem, and agreed on cool. There are 4 of us in F tomorrow from SFO to ANC and my friends were also thrilled to hear of this change as that clocks in at 2,014 miles. ;-)
Please can you post your experience of SFO-ANC please since we are doing that in 2 weeks and first time on Alaska for us. We are British Airways Gold (One World Emerald) if that makes any difference to lounges etc. Thank you
Old Jun 1, 2024, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Please can you post your experience of SFO-ANC please since we are doing that in 2 weeks and first time on Alaska for us. We are British Airways Gold (One World Emerald) if that makes any difference to lounges etc. Thank you
Sure, if you haven’t pre-ordered meals yet, you can now in the app or on the web in your booking.

I don’t expect the new lounge in T1 to be open by then, and even the move date is in question, but could happen as soon as 6/11, so keep an eye on that thread in this forum.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sure, if you haven’t pre-ordered meals yet, you can now in the app or on the web in your booking.

I don’t expect the new lounge in T1 to be open by then, and even the move date is in question, but could happen as soon as 6/11, so keep an eye on that thread in this forum.
Thank you. Have pre-ordered already via the App. We are travelling after 11th and so the new lounge will be great but as you said, not putting my hopes up too much.
Thanks for the info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.