Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old May 9, 2024, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal
At the airport now. First person I asked said no, after March 15, 2024 they would no longer check through. Second person I asked said “no problem” and checked the bag through to FRA (confirmed on luggage tag).
Great, so we now know that the system isn’t programmed to disallow it. It now just depends on whether your agent is familiar with the process and either willing to circumvent the new rules or not aware of the changes.

Unfortunately that usually won’t help me since I can’t go agent-shopping at my small regional airport. I suppose I could ask, but I would still have to book the connection with enough time to be able to go out of security, grab the bag, drag it to the next airline’s checkin counter, check in again, then go through security again - on top of allowing for extra buffer time to not misconnect if there is a delay.
samosa and SoCalNorCal like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 10:02 am

Hi! Would anyone happen to know at what time Alaska opens up the day after end-of-schedule for bookings? TIA!
Old May 13, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
For a week now this one flight has had two more empty seats in F than available seats. Is it really likely that two purchased seats in F haven’t been selected for that long?
Old May 13, 2024, 9:46 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by vanillabean
For a week now this one flight has had two more empty seats in F than available seats. Is it really likely that two purchased seats in F haven’t been selected for that long?
It’s possible. What flight? We can check EF.
Old May 13, 2024, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
"This reservation is not eligible for online changes. Please call us at 1-888-345-3640."

It's a mixed AS/partner award that has been through a couple of schedule changes. What's interesting (in addition to the message above) is that the price shown on the webpage is significantly higher in miles than what I think I paid, and $0 in fees. So something's screwed up, it seems.
Old May 13, 2024, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
AA Platinum on AS redemption booking

Hi all,

I'm looking for flights to Fairbanks ( FAI) from DFW in October 2024 for me and my girlfriend and found a good AS itinerary that works for us. We could either -
  1. Redeem AS miles to book
  2. Redeem AA miles to book
  3. Pay cash and book via AS and credit miles to AA
I'm currently Platinum on AA and do not have any status on AS ( mostly fly East Coast). Which of the above options would let me leverage my AA status benefits like free seat selection and checked bags?

TIA!
Old May 13, 2024, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuraBoy
Hi all,

I'm looking for flights to Fairbanks ( FAI) from DFW in October 2024 for me and my girlfriend and found a good AS itinerary that works for us. We could either -
  1. Redeem AS miles to book
  2. Redeem AA miles to book
  3. Pay cash and book via AS and credit miles to AA
I'm currently Platinum on AA and do not have any status on AS ( mostly fly East Coast). Which of the above options would let me leverage my AA status benefits like free seat selection and checked bags?

TIA!
#1 doesn’t. You are no longer allowed to enter a different program loyalty number to use benefits when redeeming AS miles for an award.

#2 should give you the AA status benefits

#3 you can enter the AA loyalty number, and then after purchase, you will be able to use seat selection benefits.
samosa and SuraBoy like this.
Old May 14, 2024, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
SFO-ANC - advice on lounge and crediting to BA

HI all
First time flying Alaskan next month.
SFO-ANC direct. In First.
Planning to credit to BA Exec Club since BA Gold.
1. Any advice on things to look out for at SFO check-in and lounge advice at SFO and ANC?
2. Is Crediting to BA easy and straight forward since I have already put my BA Exec number in the booking?
Old May 14, 2024, 9:41 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Can I ask the experts?

I took advice here and signed up for Alaska BofA credit card. It provided for 70,000 miles and a free companion certificate for $3k spend.

i completed the spend and got the 70,000 miles in my Alaska Air account last week. However, I see nothing about the companion certificate. Anyone know how I would find that certificate?

sorry for the basic question.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:12 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by wharvey
I took advice here and signed up for Alaska BofA credit card. It provided for 70,000 miles and a free companion certificate for $3k spend.
I think the $3K is a signup bonus requirement, whereas the companion certificate is $6K.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:26 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I think the $3K is a signup bonus requirement, whereas the companion certificate is $6K.
I will check when I get back home… I was sure I got both miles and certificate for $3k spend in 90 days.
Old May 14, 2024, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Dselvan
HI all
First time flying Alaskan next month.
SFO-ANC direct. In First.
Planning to credit to BA Exec Club since BA Gold.
1. Any advice on things to look out for at SFO check-in and lounge advice at SFO and ANC?
2. Is Crediting to BA easy and straight forward since I have already put my BA Exec number in the booking?
You should have access to the AS lounge at SFO (based on BA Gold or First Class >=2000mi) and ANC (based on First Class >=2000mi).

I have no problem crediting to AA. It's kind of annoying that AS doesn't seem to put a lot of info on their BPs though. There is a step to verify your FFN during check-in, but the only indication is that my BP says oneworld Emerald, at least on the mobile version.

Also, it's Alaska.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
You should have access to the AS lounge at SFO (based on BA Gold or First Class >=2000mi) and ANC (based on First Class >=2000mi).

I have no problem crediting to AA. It's kind of annoying that AS doesn't seem to put a lot of info on their BPs though. There is a step to verify your FFN during check-in, but the only indication is that my BP says oneworld Emerald, at least on the mobile version.

Also, it's Alaska.
Thank you.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:17 pm

On Qatar's website, If I buy a flight DOH-KGL operated by Rwand-Air, but marketed by Qatar under flight number QR6396, will I get Alaska rdm/eqm?

By checking https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...partners-qatar it seems so because the flight number falls under QR1–2949, 3000–3149, or 5000–6599, but maybe I'm missing something so I want to be sure.
Old May 15, 2024, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
On Qatar's website, If I buy a flight DOH-KGL operated by Rwand-Air, but marketed by Qatar under flight number QR6396, will I get Alaska rdm/eqm?

By checking https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...partners-qatar it seems so because the flight number falls under QR1–2949, 3000–3149, or 5000–6599, but maybe I'm missing something so I want to be sure.

I don’t think so. The website you linked to states this requirement:

To qualify, flights must be within the Qatar Airways flight number range (QR) 1–2949, 3000–3149, or 5000–6599, and be marketed and operated by Qatar Airways or codeshare flights marketed by Qatar Airways and operated byoneworld member airlines or affiliates.”

The flight appears to be marketed by Qatar, but not operated by a Oneworld member (Rwand-Air)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.