Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old May 9, 2024, 3:50 pm
  #1156  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 17,212
Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal
At the airport now. First person I asked said no, after March 15, 2024 they would no longer check through. Second person I asked said “no problem” and checked the bag through to FRA (confirmed on luggage tag).
Great, so we now know that the system isn’t programmed to disallow it. It now just depends on whether your agent is familiar with the process and either willing to circumvent the new rules or not aware of the changes.

Unfortunately that usually won’t help me since I can’t go agent-shopping at my small regional airport. I suppose I could ask, but I would still have to book the connection with enough time to be able to go out of security, grab the bag, drag it to the next airline’s checkin counter, check in again, then go through security again - on top of allowing for extra buffer time to not misconnect if there is a delay.
samosa and SoCalNorCal like this.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old May 10, 2024, 10:02 am
  #1157  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 697
Hi! Would anyone happen to know at what time Alaska opens up the day after end-of-schedule for bookings? TIA!
ukinny2000 is offline  
Old May 13, 2024, 9:18 am
  #1158  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Posts: 3,406
For a week now this one flight has had two more empty seats in F than available seats. Is it really likely that two purchased seats in F haven’t been selected for that long?
vanillabean is offline  
Old May 13, 2024, 9:46 am
  #1159  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 3,230
Originally Posted by vanillabean
For a week now this one flight has had two more empty seats in F than available seats. Is it really likely that two purchased seats in F haven’t been selected for that long?
It’s possible. What flight? We can check EF.
anteater is offline  
Old May 13, 2024, 2:48 pm
  #1160  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 17,212
"This reservation is not eligible for online changes. Please call us at 1-888-345-3640."

It's a mixed AS/partner award that has been through a couple of schedule changes. What's interesting (in addition to the message above) is that the price shown on the webpage is significantly higher in miles than what I think I paid, and $0 in fees. So something's screwed up, it seems.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old May 13, 2024, 5:26 pm
  #1161  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: US
Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Posts: 50
AA Platinum on AS redemption booking

Hi all,

I'm looking for flights to Fairbanks ( FAI) from DFW in October 2024 for me and my girlfriend and found a good AS itinerary that works for us. We could either -
  1. Redeem AS miles to book
  2. Redeem AA miles to book
  3. Pay cash and book via AS and credit miles to AA
I'm currently Platinum on AA and do not have any status on AS ( mostly fly East Coast). Which of the above options would let me leverage my AA status benefits like free seat selection and checked bags?

TIA!
SuraBoy is offline  
Old May 13, 2024, 7:15 pm
  #1162  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 17,212
Originally Posted by SuraBoy
Hi all,

I'm looking for flights to Fairbanks ( FAI) from DFW in October 2024 for me and my girlfriend and found a good AS itinerary that works for us. We could either -
  1. Redeem AS miles to book
  2. Redeem AA miles to book
  3. Pay cash and book via AS and credit miles to AA
I'm currently Platinum on AA and do not have any status on AS ( mostly fly East Coast). Which of the above options would let me leverage my AA status benefits like free seat selection and checked bags?

TIA!
#1 doesn’t. You are no longer allowed to enter a different program loyalty number to use benefits when redeeming AS miles for an award.

#2 should give you the AA status benefits

#3 you can enter the AA loyalty number, and then after purchase, you will be able to use seat selection benefits.
samosa and SuraBoy like this.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old May 14, 2024, 2:58 am
  #1163  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 823
SFO-ANC - advice on lounge and crediting to BA

HI all
First time flying Alaskan next month.
SFO-ANC direct. In First.
Planning to credit to BA Exec Club since BA Gold.
1. Any advice on things to look out for at SFO check-in and lounge advice at SFO and ANC?
2. Is Crediting to BA easy and straight forward since I have already put my BA Exec number in the booking?
Dselvan is offline  
Old May 14, 2024, 9:41 am
  #1164  
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Milton, GA USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Posts: 19,064
Can I ask the experts?

I took advice here and signed up for Alaska BofA credit card. It provided for 70,000 miles and a free companion certificate for $3k spend.

i completed the spend and got the 70,000 miles in my Alaska Air account last week. However, I see nothing about the companion certificate. Anyone know how I would find that certificate?

sorry for the basic question.
wharvey is offline  
Old May 14, 2024, 11:12 am
  #1165  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Posts: 3,406
Originally Posted by wharvey
I took advice here and signed up for Alaska BofA credit card. It provided for 70,000 miles and a free companion certificate for $3k spend.
I think the $3K is a signup bonus requirement, whereas the companion certificate is $6K.
vanillabean is offline  
Old May 14, 2024, 11:26 am
  #1166  
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Milton, GA USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Posts: 19,064
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I think the $3K is a signup bonus requirement, whereas the companion certificate is $6K.
I will check when I get back home… I was sure I got both miles and certificate for $3k spend in 90 days.
wharvey is offline  
Old May 14, 2024, 10:29 pm
  #1167  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Posts: 4,675
Originally Posted by Dselvan
HI all
First time flying Alaskan next month.
SFO-ANC direct. In First.
Planning to credit to BA Exec Club since BA Gold.
1. Any advice on things to look out for at SFO check-in and lounge advice at SFO and ANC?
2. Is Crediting to BA easy and straight forward since I have already put my BA Exec number in the booking?
You should have access to the AS lounge at SFO (based on BA Gold or First Class >=2000mi) and ANC (based on First Class >=2000mi).

I have no problem crediting to AA. It's kind of annoying that AS doesn't seem to put a lot of info on their BPs though. There is a step to verify your FFN during check-in, but the only indication is that my BP says oneworld Emerald, at least on the mobile version.

Also, it's Alaska.
econ is offline  
Old May 14, 2024, 11:56 pm
  #1168  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 823
Originally Posted by econ
You should have access to the AS lounge at SFO (based on BA Gold or First Class >=2000mi) and ANC (based on First Class >=2000mi).

I have no problem crediting to AA. It's kind of annoying that AS doesn't seem to put a lot of info on their BPs though. There is a step to verify your FFN during check-in, but the only indication is that my BP says oneworld Emerald, at least on the mobile version.

Also, it's Alaska.
Thank you.
Dselvan is offline  
Old May 15, 2024, 4:17 pm
  #1169  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,618
On Qatar's website, If I buy a flight DOH-KGL operated by Rwand-Air, but marketed by Qatar under flight number QR6396, will I get Alaska rdm/eqm?

By checking https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...partners-qatar it seems so because the flight number falls under QR1–2949, 3000–3149, or 5000–6599, but maybe I'm missing something so I want to be sure.
nomiiiii is offline  
Old May 15, 2024, 6:13 pm
  #1170  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 17,212
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
On Qatar's website, If I buy a flight DOH-KGL operated by Rwand-Air, but marketed by Qatar under flight number QR6396, will I get Alaska rdm/eqm?

By checking https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...partners-qatar it seems so because the flight number falls under QR1–2949, 3000–3149, or 5000–6599, but maybe I'm missing something so I want to be sure.

I don’t think so. The website you linked to states this requirement:

To qualify, flights must be within the Qatar Airways flight number range (QR) 1–2949, 3000–3149, or 5000–6599, and be marketed and operated by Qatar Airways or codeshare flights marketed by Qatar Airways and operated byoneworld member airlines or affiliates.”

The flight appears to be marketed by Qatar, but not operated by a Oneworld member (Rwand-Air)
notquiteaff is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.