Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old May 5, 2024, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
So today my wife and I were flying SFO-SNA and we were on the same booking. As a 100k, I was given priority but my wife was given Group B. We must have taken over a dozen flights in the past together and she was always given priority as she was on the same reservation. Just trying to understand why today was different than flights in the past.
The people I travel with under the same confirmation number have less status and are usually B boarding or less. I bring them up with me during the A calling because I also have their boarding pass on the app. I show mine and then swipe to theirs on my app and say "here is my cohort".
minhaoxue likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Kathy_marie
The people I travel with under the same confirmation number have less status and are usually B boarding or less. I bring them up with me during the A calling because I also have their boarding pass on the app. I show mine and then swipe to theirs on my app and say "here is my cohort".
Yes, I have been A and my wife has been B since the PRI boarding thing started. When one of us is scanned, the gate agent can usually tell from the reservation we are two and doesn't bother with a scan of the second boarding pass regardless of whose phone.

​​​​​​​
mildfrequence likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 11:46 am

Programs: Yes
So uh.. the website UI updated today. At least there is a classic experience option (for now).

nsx, dgreen12 and samosa like this.

Last edited by anteater; May 6, 2024 at 12:00 pm
Old May 6, 2024, 3:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

737-900 FC Row 4. Left or right side?

We got the last two FC seats on a flight from CLE-SEA and had to take 4A/C. Suddenly 4D/F opened. Is one side better than the other?

I check every day for something farther up.... but the flight, 3 weeks out hasn't changed much until these two seats opened up this morning. Thanks.
Old May 6, 2024, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by david55
We got the last two FC seats on a flight from CLE-SEA and had to take 4A/C. Suddenly 4D/F opened. Is one side better than the other?

I check every day for something farther up.... but the flight, 3 weeks out hasn't changed much until these two seats opened up this morning. Thanks.
Nothing on the plane itself is really any different. Given a choice I'll factor in things like the sun and views along the way.
samosa and Kathy_marie like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy - Ambassador; AS - MVP Gold 75K
Will Alaska check bags through onto Condor?

Im flying Alaska in First SEA to YVR, then flying Condor Business YVR to FRA. I bought the tickets separately. Will Alaska check my bags through to FRA, or will I need to clear immigration and collect my bags to recheck them? I only have a 2 hr 15 min connection so the latter would make me worried.

Thanks
Old May 9, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal

Im flying Alaska in First SEA to YVR, then flying Condor Business YVR to FRA. I bought the tickets separately. Will Alaska check my bags through to FRA, or will I need to clear immigration and collect my bags to recheck them? I only have a 2 hr 15 min connection so the latter would make me worried.

Thanks
Short Answer, yes.
They used to only have interline, now they have full codeshare, so it should check all the way through.
kalderlake and SoCalNorCal like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 8:35 am

When a fare drops $250 for one but not two on the same PNR

So we bought some fully refundable 1st class tickets. ( 2 passengers) I periodically check the fares and will ask for a refund if they go down. ( They have) But now....I saw that one ticket is available ( same refundable itinerary) for almost $250 less then what we paid. I assume... the only way to get that reduction would be to cancel the existing ticket(s) on the one PNR and purchase separate tickets for each of us? Probably not worth the hassle....or is it?
Old May 9, 2024, 9:03 am
Community Director Emerita

So we bought some fully refundable 1st class tickets. ( 2 passengers) I periodically check the fares and will ask for a refund if they go down. ( They have) But now....I saw that one ticket is available ( same refundable itinerary) for almost $250 less then what we paid. I assume... the only way to get that reduction would be to cancel the existing ticket(s) on the one PNR and purchase separate tickets for each of us? Probably not worth the hassle....or is it?
Agent should be able to split the booking, then reprice one ticket.
kalderlake likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Agent should be able to split the booking, then reprice one ticket.
Is there any disadvantage to splitting the booking? My husband is 80, not in great health and we have requested wheel chair assistance.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
If I book two N fares using my companion fare from the CC, can I then apply GGUs to confirm both tickets into F?
Answer: YES!

New question: if I book two tickets using the Companion Fare, will I get the CF back if I cancel within 24 hours?
Answer: YES!

Guess I'm not such a newbie anymore

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; May 9, 2024 at 10:14 am
Old May 9, 2024, 10:17 am
Community Director Emerita

Is there any disadvantage to splitting the booking? My husband is 80, not in great health and we have requested wheel chair assistance.
Valid question and honestly I don't know. I don't think so but I am no authority on the matter. Ask the agent??
david55 likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal

Im flying Alaska in First SEA to YVR, then flying Condor Business YVR to FRA. I bought the tickets separately.
Originally Posted by samosa
Short Answer, yes.
They used to only have interline, now they have full codeshare, so it should check all the way through.
Are you sure that's true after the changes from earlier this year? See

Interlining bags to DE on separate ticket? (start with post #12)

and the broader thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...chip-chip.html
Old May 9, 2024, 2:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy - Ambassador; AS - MVP Gold 75K
At the airport now. First person I asked said no, after March 15, 2024 they would no longer check through. Second person I asked said no problem and checked the bag through to FRA (confirmed on luggage tag). Just to triple check, I asked the gate agent and they told me even if they bag is checked through, Vancouver has a transit passenger bag pickup where I need to clear customs with my bag, but its quicker and separate from the standard bag pickup and immigration.

so 3 answers from 3 people. We will see what I find when I land in Vancouver. 🙃

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Are you sure that's true after the changes from earlier this year? See

Interlining bags to DE on separate ticket? (start with post #12)

and the broader thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...chip-chip.html
notquiteaff and samosa like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS
the request for assistance is passenger specific. You can request assistance from ticketing to gate, assistance to board plane and assistance from plane to baggage claim. They offer several options, it depends on what works for you.
we sometimes travel on separate PNR’s (use discounts) and his request for mobility assistance is part of his ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.