Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Apr 25, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by mtofell
How long ago did you make the reservation? As a100K that is pretty far down but possible, I suppose if you just made the res.
That is less important than the fare you paid. If you booked this a while ago, and got a good deal, you may have a lower fare booking code than the other 100Ks on the flight who paid more.

I find that when I get a really good deal on a flight, usually when I am booking well in advance, I sit at number 3-6 on the list. 11 seems low, but it’s a busy business destination isn’t it?
samosa likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Chihua2016
Anticipating reaching 100K in next few months thanks to a couple long haul partner trips and the February 2X EQM. AS alludes to more choice awards in late 2024, including a status accelerator as a choice. Would that be like the roll over EQMs as currently offered to all 2023 100Ks for 2024? Would like to know as it would dictate travel plans for the remainder of 2024.
I hit 100K last moth and the only thing I saw "new" in the choice awards was Clear membership. IMO, I don't think they will add any more benefits as it would possibly upset a few of us who reached 100K early because of the roll over last year.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 7:00 am

Programs: Alaska 100K Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I hit 100K last moth and the only thing I saw "new" in the choice awards was Clear membership. IMO, I don't think they will add any more benefits as it would possibly upset a few of us who reached 100K early because of the roll over last year.
I was just going by what was on AS website "More choice rewards coming in late 2024. Pick the benefits you care about most—like bonus miles, day-of-travel perks, experiences, and status accelerators." When I hit 100K, I think I'll delay my choice reward until late 2024

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:52 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Question Free checked bag connecting to international flight

Hi,
I have never flown Alaskan Airlines before and looked at their website and did a search on this thread but can't seem to see an answer.
I have a flight from ANC-SFO (AS) SFO-AKL (NZ) all on the same booking.
I am OWE with Qantas and the QFF number is in the AS booking.
My question is do I get free checked baggage under the most significant carrier rules as NZ has 4 out of 5 flights, 2 of which are trans-Pacific. My NZ booking allows free checked bags, more than I would need, and my QF OWE benefits gives extra luggage on the AS flight.
If so how many bags can I check in? I imagine my family won't have more than 3 bags.
I am in the Main Cabin S fare class.
Also the fact that my seats have automatically been assigned to my booking and I can't change them does this mean I don't get free seat selection too?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 4:23 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by wharvey
Thank you for all the advice.... based on advice I did sign up for the BofA card.... it should be here shortly and I will prepay my utilities to get the companion certificate immediately.

I now need to learn about the Alaska Air frequent flyer program.

I will come back once I book a flight... thanks for the GGU offer..... whatever that is!
Can I ask a question…. I completed the $3k purchases and have paid the balance due. Anyone know how,long it takes for the signup miles and the companion certificate to show up? Will the certificate be located in my Alaska Air mileage account?

I want to book our anniversary trip as soon as I can.

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2024, 5:22 pm

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Hi,
I have never flown Alaskan Airlines before and looked at their website and did a search on this thread but can't seem to see an answer.
My question is do I get free checked baggage under the most significant carrier rules as NZ has 4 out of 5 flights, 2 of which are trans-Pacific. My NZ booking allows free checked bags, more than I would need, and my QF OWE benefits gives extra luggage on the AS flight.
If so how many bags can I check in? I imagine my family won't have more than 3 bags.
Also the fact that my seats have automatically been assigned to my booking and I can't change them does this mean I don't get free seat selection too?
Did you book the flights via NZ? You'd at the very least get the OWE baggage benefits on the AS flight, but I'm 90% sure they'll follow the NZ baggage rules.

You should get free seat selection, but it might require calling if the website isn't letting you do it.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 5:38 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by zdfld
Did you book the flights via NZ? You'd at the very least get the OWE baggage benefits on the AS flight, but I'm 90% sure they'll follow the NZ baggage rules.

You should get free seat selection, but it might require calling if the website isn't letting you do it.
Thanks for your response.
It was booked via a travel agent as part of a cruise package we won as a prize in 2019. Now with the end of the pandemic, opened borders etc we are finally going to take this year and just doing the fine planning details.
The travel agent is also unable to change the seats on the AS flights, I am wondering if the international connection, showing on the AS website, is causing the seating issues. I will have to make some time to try the call centre.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Thanks for your response.
It was booked via a travel agent as part of a cruise package we won as a prize in 2019. Now with the end of the pandemic, opened borders etc we are finally going to take this year and just doing the fine planning details.
The travel agent is also unable to change the seats on the AS flights, I am wondering if the international connection, showing on the AS website, is causing the seating issues. I will have to make some time to try the call centre.
So you have AS & NZ flight numbers on a ??? e-ticket (086 = NZ)
What is ticketed baggage allowance? Extra from status, if any, would not show.
If your bags are tagged for the NZ flight by AS good chance they will be interlined to NZ no matter what the ticket baggage allowance is.
Old May 1, 2024, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Access to Admirals Club with Lounge+ / Booking on AS' site, Earn partner-only flights

Are all the "Earn partners" listed here [1] considered "regional affiliates"?

I'm trying to figure out if I'll have Admirals Club access for a flight booked through Alaska's site, but that includes segments on an Earn partner airline only (not AS or AA, not Horizon or SkyWest). I have a Lounge+ Membership.

Has anyone accessed (or been denied access to) an AC in a situation like that?

The Lounge membership page [2] says:

• Alaska Lounge+ members have access to Admirals Club locations when arriving or departing that day on Alaska Airlines or American Airlines *.
• * Flight must be marketed by Alaska Airlines or American Airlines and must be operated by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, or a regional affiliate (emphasis mine).

[1] https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s#earnpartners

[2] https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...tion-and-hours
Old May 2, 2024, 7:44 am

Boston Lounge

I understand that Alaska Shares lounge access with American Airlines in Boston. Has anyone used this lounge. It look like the lounge is fairly remote from the Alaska gates in terminal B. Than ks for any advice.
Old May 2, 2024, 9:53 am

Different birth dates on in my account and Customer Care

I just created an account, and I was pretty sure I put in the correct birth date (Aug 13). When I looked at my personal information after my account was set up, my birth date is wrong (Aug 12). So I called Customer Care trying to change it. But the lady said my birth date is Aug 13 on her screen. She cannot fix it since nothing needs to be fixed on her screen. Anyone knows how to fix it? Or simply trust the Customer Care lady?
Old May 2, 2024, 10:11 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
Can I ask a question…. I completed the $3k purchases and have paid the balance due. Anyone know how,long it takes for the signup miles and the companion certificate to show up? Will the certificate be located in my Alaska Air mileage account?

I want to book our anniversary trip as soon as I can.

Thanks
My miles appeared with 1st statement (right after hit the spend). Never checked for the companion cert as I do not use them- assume same time.
Just make sure card has right FF# as mine had a wrong one and had to call BofA to get corrected and they have to contact AS which takes a few days.
Old May 2, 2024, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Paul877
I just created an account, and I was pretty sure I put in the correct birth date (Aug 13). When I looked at my personal information after my account was set up, my birth date is wrong (Aug 12). So I called Customer Care trying to change it. But the lady said my birth date is Aug 13 on her screen. She cannot fix it since nothing needs to be fixed on her screen. Anyone knows how to fix it? Or simply trust the Customer Care lady?
I had a glitch like this appear randomly under my profile. It went away without issue.
Paul877 likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 7:31 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN A-list preferred, United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Does the credit card Companion Fare code currently work if the primary passenger is a family member of the cardholder with the same last name?

Edit: The stated policy is
The Mileage Plan™ member who owns the companion fare code must either be one of the travelers or the purchaser of the reservation. If the member is allowing two travelers to use his or her companion fare code, then the member's name must match the name on the credit card used to purchase the reservation.
I have a code but I closed the credit card. Oops. The passenger has an Alaska card which will have a code later. So for now I'd like to use my code with her Alaska credit card and her as the passenger.

Last edited by nsx; May 4, 2024 at 8:05 pm
Old May 4, 2024, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
So today my wife and I were flying SFO-SNA and we were on the same booking. As a 100k, I was given priority but my wife was given Group B. We must have taken over a dozen flights in the past together and she was always given priority as she was on the same reservation. Just trying to understand why today was different than flights in the past.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.