Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Apr 22, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
This may be down to my lack of observational skills, but looking at the in-flight guide, on the partner page it says "New partner coming soon!". I haven't seen any threads or discussions about a new partner, so either this is really new, or they've always had this text in place. Any ideas? I thought it could be Mokulele Airlines, but this is under "Global Partners" and "Earn and Redeem", and Mokulele is only an earn partner.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: Prince of Travel
WHY JL First award showing on AA,BA,CX & QF but not on AS

I found a JL first award seat appearing on many other OneWorld award search, but only 1 seat available.
But I don't see it at all appearing on Alaska Mileage Plan.
I called in, agents also said they cant see it. They can only see what's shown on the public website
Question:
Does Alaska Mileage Plan show at least 1 less award seat than other OneWorld Award engine?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
AS mainline to American Eagle at DFW. With things getting back to normal, is 1 hour 5 minutes sufficient connection time? Likely with checked bags.
AS and AA websites don't flag it as a tight connection but Google Flights does.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by dieselbear
AS mainline to American Eagle at DFW. With things getting back to normal, is 1 hour 5 minutes sufficient connection time? Likely with checked bags.
AS and AA websites don't flag it as a tight connection but Google Flights does.
I'd book that connection without hesitation. It's plenty of time as long as you go straight to your connecting gate when you get to DFW.

Eagle doesn't typically board until around D-30 anyway.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 7:39 pm

[post deleted]

Last edited by donduck; Apr 24, 2023 at 11:44 am
Old Apr 23, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by donduck
Any idea if Alaska still flys out of YVR?
Yes, YVR 3 to 4 times daily, YEG, YYC, YYJ & YLW seasonally December to April.

James
Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:18 pm

Programs: Alaska, American
One world emerald lounge access question

Hello -

I'm one world emerald (Alaska 75k) and will soon be flying on the following flights on the same day:

LAX - SEA on Alaska, paid economy flight.
SEA - Dublin on Aer Lingus business class, redeeming Alaska miles
The two legs are on separate reservations.

My question is, will I have access to either the Qantas first class lounge or the American Flagship lounge at LAX? (if they weren't on separate reservations I'm pretty sure the answer is 'yes', but I don't know if that's true in this case).

Thanks,
-HD
Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by humdinger
I'm one world emerald (Alaska 75k) and will soon be flying on the following flights on the same day:

My question is, will I have access to either the Qantas first class lounge or the American Flagship lounge at LAX? (if they weren't on separate reservations I'm pretty sure the answer is 'yes', but I don't know if that's true in this case).
Aer Lingus is not a OW airline, so you wouldn't have access to either even if they were on the same reservation. Possible you might get access to the OW Business lounge at LAX, but EI website is unclear on this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:44 pm

Programs: Alaska, American
Originally Posted by econ
Aer Lingus is not a OW airline, so you wouldn't have access to either even if they were on the same reservation. Possible you might get access to the OW Business lounge at LAX, but EI website is unclear on this.

Oh of course. Brain lapse by me.

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by humdinger
Hello -

Thanks,
-HD
Aer Lingus is not a oneworld alliance member so you won't have access to any of the AA Lounges or the Qantas F lounge at LAX. No access to the SEA AL on a revenue ticket since it is a simple separate domestic flight and you are not connecting to a oneworld alliance international flight so 75K & OWE Status won't grant access.

From the Aer Lingus website. Business Class passengers are granted access to the Oneworld Lounge in LAX.

Aer Lingus Lounge Access

James
Old Apr 24, 2023, 1:31 pm

Very dumb newbie question, but usually don't book with AS awards. I am flying FAI-SEA-ORD on 6/23 and noticed my flight went down by 5k miles per ticket. What's the best way to refare on AS? I tried changing the ticket but the same flight does not show up. Cancel and rebook feels risky in case the fare jumps. If I change to a random flight, can I then immediately change back to the flight I originally had? It's 5k miles per person so not huge, but wouldn't mind pocketing the extra miles for a rainy day. Just don't want to blow up our big vacation by getting too cute with the reservation. Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 24, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
How do I tell Alaska that I have status on AA?

Just booked some travel on Alaska and noted that there were seats greyed out which were for Oneworld elites. I have no status on Alaska but am LT Gold on AA. I haven't found where you tell Alaska about your Aadvantage number or whatever you have to do to trigger that status. Can someone clue me in?

Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough
Just booked some travel on Alaska and noted that there were seats greyed out which were for Oneworld elites. I have no status on Alaska but am LT Gold on AA. I haven't found where you tell Alaska about your Aadvantage number or whatever you have to do to trigger that status. Can someone clue me in?

Thanks.
Not sure where you can do this online other than maybe through the live chat or Twitter, but a phone call would solve this pretty quickly and painlessly.

-J.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by zdfld
This may be down to my lack of observational skills, but looking at the in-flight guide, on the partner page it says "New partner coming soon!". I haven't seen any threads or discussions about a new partner, so either this is really new, or they've always had this text in place. Any ideas? I thought it could be Mokulele Airlines, but this is under "Global Partners" and "Earn and Redeem", and Mokulele is only an earn partner.
I just got off a flight and saw that too... worth noting it's on the right side of the page under "other partners" as in NOT Oneworld. Honestly, well over half of the airlines on that list I have never heard of so a new partner on there probably isn't going to change my life much
Old Apr 24, 2023, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by rlschur
Very dumb newbie question, but usually don't book with AS awards. I am flying FAI-SEA-ORD on 6/23 and noticed my flight went down by 5k miles per ticket. What's the best way to refare on AS? I tried changing the ticket but the same flight does not show up. Cancel and rebook feels risky in case the fare jumps. If I change to a random flight, can I then immediately change back to the flight I originally had? It's 5k miles per person so not huge, but wouldn't mind pocketing the extra miles for a rainy day. Just don't want to blow up our big vacation by getting too cute with the reservation. Thanks for the help!
Select “Change reservation” then select the “Cancel this trip and use the value toward a new trip”. Don’t worry as it doesn’t actually cancel anything yet, you get to start a new search with your original trip still on hold, so you’d then re-search for the same dates/itinerary you want and it’d give you the current price for it and it’d display the “cost” difference. If it’s now less the miles/credit you’d be getting back would be displayed and they would be deposited back into your miles balance/wallet once you confirm you want to purchase that new ticket with the funds from your original one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.