Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JC5280
I contacted Mileage Plan's contact center, via email, and didn't get a response for about a month. Same issue, and the response was pretty brief. I would suggest calling in.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...t-mileage-plan
Thanks. They're saying I need to contact American. This is frustrating because my outbound leg posted correctly (W class so 110%) - makes no sense to me why this one is so messed up.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: Yes
Another DP in weird AS IT behavior.. I noticed that recently issued AS Customer Care discount codes weren't populating in my AS account. I suppose I have another metric to audit now. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anteater
I think AS IT went drinking with the UG professor this weekend.. as the website was throwing intermittent system errors during the booking process on Fri/Sat.

By chance today, I happened to notice a trip was removed from my account. AS didn't notify me in any form and I had to look back through my confirmation emails to find it. It turns out that not only was the itinerary cancelled but AS also didn't issue a refund. AS Res was quick to redeposit the funds; however, when the cancellation email arrived the confirmation code did not match the original reservation. Also of note is that the Wallet / Mileage activity history was populated with the incorrect flight details which made auditing the recent transactions laborious.

anteater needs a mai tai. 🐜🍹
Whoa what?? That is pretty scary actually. (Hopefully not a belated April Fools prank).
Guess I need to keep a close eye on my flights....
Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by ssk244
Whoa what?? That is pretty scary actually. (Hopefully not a belated April Fools prank).
Guess I need to keep a close eye on my flights....
Sadly, not a joke. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Apr 5, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just received two $80 credit certificates from alaskaairlines via e-mail. I'm not an elite but I do have both the business and personal credit card. I haven't made any changes to my flights, haven't complained to Alaska nor have any of my flights been disrupted. Does anyone know why I might have received the credit certificates?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by deal
Has anyone completed a corporate status fast-track? I could have sworn when I enrolled it didn't mention restrictions around fare classes, but re-reading the terms I see that saver fares do not qualify towards the promotion.
I started mine in early February, and had been tracking the program for 6-8 weeks prior, and the program terms on my company's promo page clearly excluded saver fares in the fine print between December and February.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Martellus
I just received two $80 credit certificates from alaskaairlines via e-mail. I'm not an elite but I do have both the business and personal credit card. I haven't made any changes to my flights, haven't complained to Alaska nor have any of my flights been disrupted. Does anyone know why I might have received the credit certificates?
They were meant for me, please forward them via PM.

Was there no information included with them? I have received proactive compensation in the past when a flight originally operated by an E175 had a type change to a Q400 and my preselected PC seat went kaputt. Obviously no more Q400s around, but perhaps you were booted out of PC on some flight? Then again, you are not elite, so you would have paid for PC and should receive a cash refund, not a cert. I’d take a careful look at all my reservations

Alternatively did you have any recent flights where something went wrong? No catering, delayed, …?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 12:46 pm

Has Alaska historically always given offers similar to this year's offer to get Gold for 10k miles by flying within Jan-Apr (if you were Gold last year and didn't get it this year)?

I'm currently Gold and organically won't get Gold by end-of-year, but do have some big flying coming up in January-Feb 2024. The best prices for those routes will be on Delta/United or through award-redemptions which I need to lock-in now due to availability, but if I'm reasonably sure that Alaska will give the same 10k offer then I can buy my flights on Alaska for a slight premium.

This is mlk/presidents weekend where prices only go up as we get closer so I can't just wait for Alaska to make announcement so wanted to know what their history is about offering this 10k fasttrack.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Has Alaska historically always given offers similar to this year's offer to get Gold for 10k miles by flying within Jan-Apr (if you were Gold last year and didn't get it this year)?

More experienced AS travelers can chime in, but I'm fairly certain this is a pandemic related offer. If AS will do it again probably depends on if they want to raise elite numbers/compete with others. I'd personally not count on it enough to pay more. My understanding is corporate status challenges had similar requirements, perhaps that's an option?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Plat Elite
Quick question regarding AS upgrades for AA elites (Plat Pro). Flying AS for the first time in 3 days cross country and was immediately able to select a seat in premium class after booking. Flight was booked less than 24 hours ago, and reading some of the tips on this forum, checked the waitlist for upgrades via the flight status tool. Didn't see my reservation on the waitlist, but under manage booking it says "Waitlisted for First Class". Just wondering if I need to reach out to AS to ensure I'm on the waitlist or this has something to do with my ticket being within the 24 hour cancellation period. There's still a few seats available in F, so want to ensure that I'm on the correct upgrade list. Flight was booked into S, so not a Saver Fare. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DouglasFLL
Quick question regarding AS upgrades for AA elites (Plat Pro). Flying AS for the first time in 3 days cross country and was immediately able to select a seat in premium class after booking. Flight was booked less than 24 hours ago, and reading some of the tips on this forum, checked the waitlist for upgrades via the flight status tool. Didn't see my reservation on the waitlist, but under manage booking it says "Waitlisted for First Class". Just wondering if I need to reach out to AS to ensure I'm on the waitlist or this has something to do with my ticket being within the 24 hour cancellation period. There's still a few seats available in F, so want to ensure that I'm on the correct upgrade list. Flight was booked into S, so not a Saver Fare. Thanks.
No need to contact Alaska if it says your waitlisted for First Class. Flight Status doesn't populate wait list until 12 AM the day before your flight. Posted while on a MR from SFO TO EWR.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:00 pm

I haven't seen this field at checkout before, has anyone else? It's not a required field.

Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by anteater
I haven't seen this field at checkout before, has anyone else? It's not a required field.

I saw this today for the first time as well. I checked the Business box today. FWIW when I log into my Delta SkyMiles account on my computer it asks if I am booking business (SkyBonus) or leisure travel as part of the login process.

-J.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, UA MileagePlus
Mileage Upgrades

We booked an upgradeable fare from SJO-LAX, hoping to use miles from our parent's account to upgrade to F. I know it's not a great redemption, but we had a companion fare expiring and we don't couldn't find any GGU's to use.

Called in to apply the upgrade and agent mentioned that mileage upgrades cannot be used since the account holder is not traveling.

Is there some rule about this? I didn't see anything in the mileage upgrade T/C's.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Condor Economy awardHow does seat selection for economy or premium economy work for award travel? Also Condor has several versions of economy, when using Alaska award which version do you receive? What are cancellation rules?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.