Inflight Service Changes

Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
In other news, the F snack basket is alive and well; do not worry! Peatos, Himalayan popcorn, turkey sticks, etc. (honestly I'm not sure what else is even there as I always gravitate to those three, especially Peatos.
I got to experience that for the first time last weekend. Himalayan Popcorn and the turkey sticks are my two new favorite things. They offered me some of that in October also but I didn't know so I turned it down.

-J.
leroix likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
honestly I'm not sure what else is even there
Drizzled Kind bars.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:37 pm

Those snack basket coconut dusted cashews are super good and always my first go-to!
sltlyamusd likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by BOB W
I am not not usually a fan of whiskey and this tasted like it was 90% alcohol.No other flavors except the whiskey over ice.
To be fair, that's what a classic Old Fashioned is: whiskey, bitters, and a sugar cube (or some granulated sugar) served over ice.
mixmastermark, AS737 and anteater like this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by econ
Drizzled Kind bars.
I always take one drizzled Kind bar and a bag of popcorn now....the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I always take one drizzled Kind bar and a bag of popcorn now....the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
Thats my typical combo as well, although I usually take the Kind bar to go.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Meanwhile the margarita isn't bad. I suggest a splash of fizzy water and a lime packet.
olouie and pcoll like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Meanwhile the margarita isn't bad. I suggest a splash of fizzy water and a lime packet.
I liked it much more than the old fashioned.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
I tried both on LAX-SJO this past weekend and enjoyed the old fashioned but found the margarita much too sweet, even after letting much of the ice melt. Ms. Plainsman enjoyed the margarita, however, so I'm glad AS added both!
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Yeah I feel like there will be a lot of discretion on the one per passenger rule. If I am doing MCO-SAN and 5.5 hours, with my Navy trained liver that will do nothing. It might be the company party line, but if you aren't being a drunk ....... I would imagine they will slip you more.
Can now confirm that FAs have no problem serving you more than one as long as you aren't being a slosh. Myself and my co-worker sitting next to me both had multiple servings of the Old Fashioned. Very boozy, but good.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Can now confirm that FAs have no problem serving you more than one as long as you aren't being a slosh. Myself and my co-worker sitting next to me both had multiple servings of the Old Fashioned. Very boozy, but good.
Yes, had four on my SFO-BOS last week.
leroix likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
On my two flights this past week, Peetos gone from FC snack box and replaced by Skinny Dipped almonds. My first choice of snack when in pc.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Seattle123
On my two flights this past week, Peetos gone from FC snack box and replaced by Skinny Dipped almonds.
Just did LAX-SFO, and Peatos were missing from the F snack basket. When I asked about it, FA was apologetic and mentioned that they didn't carry them anymore.
samosa likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by econ
Just did LAX-SFO, and Peatos were missing from the F snack basket. When I asked about it, FA was apologetic and mentioned that they didn't carry them anymore.
I'd be happy if they just replaced them with REAL Cheetos
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'd be happy if they just replaced them with REAL Cheetos
You'd be happy with Wonder Bread and Miracle Whip

I am liking those little Kind bars for a nice semi-sweet and not horribly bad for you snack.
AS Flyer and NoLaGent like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.