Inflight Service Changes

Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
I could not drink the Old Fashioned. Way too strong....
Was the flavo(u)r ok otherwise? Or did the heat just kill the taste? Almost tempted to try one now, if for nothing else, before it is discontinued.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Was the flavo(u)r ok otherwise? Or did the heat just kill the taste? Almost tempted to try one now, if for nothing else, before it is discontinued.
I am not not usually a fan of whiskey and this tasted like it was 90% alcohol.No other flavors except the whiskey over ice.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone know if the new cocktails are available in Horizon First Class? (YEG-SEA is my route).
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Anyone know if the new cocktails are available in Horizon First Class? (YEG-SEA is my route).
They should be.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: AS
Tried the Margarita cocktail yesterday.
FA did confirm only one per passenger, and yes, they are strong.
Personally, not a big fan but glad I tried it.

Served without can. Asked FA for the empty can.

Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pcoll
FA did confirm only one per passenger, and yes, they are strong.<snip>
This doesn't bother me that much really, I guess. But I do find it kind of comical as I've had AS FAs bring me like 3 minis of Woodford Reserve before, which I drink neat, and which cumulatively is more alcohol content that one of these margaritas...

Regards
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by pcoll
FA did confirm only one per passenger, and yes, they are strong.
Personally, not a big fan but glad I tried it.
It is my understanding that they are to be served as singles, but a pax may have more than one per flight. Of course, serving alcohol is always at the FAs discretion. If you aren't able to receive more than one per flight, one could always shoot over a quick note to Alaska Listens. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Great job to AS on carrying the Straightaway canned cocktails, they're certainly one of the better canned/bottled RTDs (Ready-to-Drink) on the market and closer to the flavor (and strength) you'd experience at a cocktail bar.

But just a heads up, they are both quite strong, and intended to be diluted.

So enjoy over ice, and perhaps give a generous stir as you gaze out the window upon the passing clouds.

Dilution (water/melted ice) is your friend, unless you're looking for a little more punch in flavor.

What a time to be alive.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu
This doesn't bother me that much really, I guess. But I do find it kind of comical as I've had AS FAs bring me like 3 minis of Woodford Reserve before, which I drink neat, and which cumulatively is more alcohol content that one of these margaritas...

Regards
I was thinking the same thing. 100ml of 50 proof v 150ml of 80 proof. I'm tempted to try the Old Fashioned on my next flight, especially if I'm feeling a bit sleepy, as maybe it will help me take a snooze. On the other hand, there remains the possibility of headache y/o heartburn without a snooze. Oh the perils of flying PRI. I can always can tell the FA "I can't drink this" (at which point, I half-expect a reply "You're not the only one," what else can I get you?) and I'll get some Sham Pain, perhaps with a splash of juice.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not not usually a fan of whiskey and this tasted like it was 90% alcohol.No other flavors except the whiskey over ice.
Strong enough to bend a fork or spoon! Perhaps I'll stir the drink and see what happens
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Strong enough to bend a fork or spoon! Perhaps I'll stir the drink and see what happens
Do not try and bend the spoon, thats impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth there is no spoon. Then youll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
When I ordered the Old Fashioned last night the FA told me we are limited to one per flight due to the alcohol content. YMMV
I only tried one... and that was enough for me of that

I do like whisky, was not for me.

I was thinking the same thing. 100ml of 50 proof v 150ml of 80 proof. I'm tempted to try the Old Fashioned on my next flight, especially if I'm feeling a bit sleepy, as maybe it will help me take a snooze. On the other hand, there remains the possibility of headache y/o heartburn without a snooze. Oh the perils of flying PRI. I can always can tell the FA "I can't drink this" (at which point, I half-expect a reply "You're not the only one," what else can I get you?) and I'll get some Sham Pain, perhaps with a splash of juice.
Mayyybe that's why I slept so well KOA-SEA a few nights ago
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Yeah I feel like there will be a lot of discretion on the one per passenger rule. If I am doing MCO-SAN and 5.5 hours, with my Navy trained liver that will do nothing. It might be the company party line, but if you aren't being a drunk ....... I would imagine they will slip you more.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Yeah I feel like there will be a lot of discretion on the one per passenger rule. If I am doing MCO-SAN and 5.5 hours, with my Navy trained liver that will do nothing. It might be the company party line, but if you aren't being a drunk ....... I would imagine they will slip you more.
Well, I tried one. Lots of ice in the glass so it isn't too harsh, but not very delicious. Nonetheless I put my spoon near it and it spontaneously had a seizure.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Enjoying a margarita for the first time on 450 CMH-SEA. FA said I was the first one to ask for one, and he brought me 2 cans from the start! I actually turned one down as I don't need that much liquor at the moment. Seatmate in 1A grabbed the extra to try later

In other news, the F snack basket is alive and well; do not worry! Peatos, Himalayan popcorn, turkey sticks, etc. (honestly I'm not sure what else is even there as I always gravitate to those three, especially Peatos.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 30, 2023 at 11:50 am Reason: Consecutive posts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.