Inflight Service Changes

Old Jan 16, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by jiburi
Im hoping thats the case, as Peatos and Himalaya are generally not a top tier snack for customer recognition. Im betting it didnt sell. Am surprised why AS doesnt simply sell the widely known snacks like pringles, and M&M. So AS sounds like they will provide these snack box for High Elites in Main Cabin. This is what they should have done in the first place 😝

Jiburi
I'll assume it's AS still trying to be different? Would you honestly pay $4 for a tiny can of plain Pringles?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by mfolf
I'll assume it's AS still trying to be different? Would you honestly pay $4 for a tiny can of plain Pringles?
YES. To appease kids, or adult on a tight budget, a small canister of Pringles for $4 combined with a complimentary beverage would do just the trick. Its cheaper and better than buying bundles of items I don't want.

Jiburi
samosa likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mfolf
Snacks like this are only $2 or $3 now so I assume that would stay the same even if the product changed so yes I would pay $2 for a can of Pringles... about the same price you're gonna pay at 7 -Eleven. I do think they would sell more if there was a better brand recognition....I gladly paid for a Kit kat bar on a BA flight last summer.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jiburi
So AS sounds like they will provide these snack box for High Elites in Main Cabin. This is what they should have done in the first place 😝
Which will make another devaluation for us Million Milers, whose benefits have already taken a big hit
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by philemer
Maybe they are only disappearing for "Main cabin snacks" as per above. We can hope anyway.
Peatos and Himalayan Popcorn alive and well in a couple of F snack baskets over the weekend.

Woodford already switched out to Buffalo Trace on my last flight.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by BOB W
Which will make another devaluation for us Million Milers, whose benefits have already taken a big hit
What does that have to do with million milers?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:44 pm

How is this a devaluation for Million Milers? You can still order fresh food in advance at no charge. Devaluation means you're losing something. Someone else gaining something doesn't mean you're losing something.
notquiteaff and Seattle123 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:12 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Snacks like this are only $2 or $3 now so I assume that would stay the same even if the product changed so yes I would pay $2 for a can of Pringles... about the same price you're gonna pay at 7 -Eleven. I do think they would sell more if there was a better brand recognition....I gladly paid for a Kit kat bar on a BA flight last summer.
I guess? As much as I do miss having Swedish Fish in first class, the unique snacks is one of several things what I loved about Alaska vs the competition. I happily bought the almond chocolates and popcorn; it felt more "upscale" than just getting plain chips or M&Ms (though I do miss the cans that VX had). Honestly, if they did like Tim's potato chips and other local brands for sale I'd be all for that vs genericizing so there's no difference between AS and the others.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Has anyone here been able to try the Straightaway Oregon Old Fashioned on board yet? If so, what's your verdict?
If (1) Woodford Reserve is depleted on my flight this weekend and (2) the canned Old Fashioned is available, I'll take one for the team and give it a try.
PaperGlider likes this.

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; Jan 17, 2023 at 8:22 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Guess we might get 2 packs then?

Hope to try some of the new canned cocktails tomorrow. 🍸
lalala likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Spotted live in the wild today. It looked like F was catered with 6-8 of each. FAs have, in fact, been advised no doubles, but the FA on my flight said 1+1 was OK.
AS Flyer, NoLaGent, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Originally Posted by dayone
Spotted live in the wild today. It looked like F was catered with 6-8 of each. FAs have, in fact, been advised no doubles, but the FA on my flight said 1+1 was OK.

Just off the Raleigh to SeaTac flight, first class, and had the Margarita. Served in a glass with salt and lime packets. Menu card was not updated, but thanks to this forum, I ask and got.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by Seattle123
Just off the Raleigh to SeaTac flight, first class, and had the Margarita. Served in a glass with salt and lime packets. Menu card was not updated, but thanks to this forum, I ask and got.
How sweet is it? I like margaritas but not when they're overly sweet.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Margarita was not sweet. Also, joked with the FA about giving me a packet of salt to coat the glass rim. Did not try!
SeaLuggageLover likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG-100K; HH-Diamond
ANC-PAE Margaritaville

Originally Posted by dayone

Just disembarked from the ANC-PAE flight...our FA quietly let some of us know in the front that a new product was on board in case we were interested. I read about these new offerings on FT a few days ago and willingly volunteered to try one....bless my heart. I also picked up some tips and tricks from those who posted earlier and thoroughly enjoyed this concoction. I'm not a fan of sweetness and this didn't disappoint. (The FA loved learning about the possibilities re: salt and lime packs.)

PS...sorry about the big photo. I'm still learning how to manage posts. xo

Last edited by Endventure; Jan 19, 2023 at 12:30 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.