Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get On the Fast Track to Elite Status - 2023 Fast Track Promo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Haven’t you heard? They’re reinventing the airport lobby!
Yay. I can't wait. But I was hoping for something such as this. And fear not, if I recover to 75K by 4/13 (I've already got about 10K booked for Jan/Feb), I likely won't be taking your upgrade away except perhaps on a short haul west coast flight. I've not booked an AS flight of 2+ hours that wasn't confirmed in a revenue F seat or a confirmed-at-booking GGU F seat in years.

I imagine that the SFO/OAK ranks of the AS higher elites are more high on cannabis than on status these days. It is certainly easier to get to altitude on weed around here than on a constant and reliable AS schedule.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Bonvoy Platinum, National Executive Elite, HI Goid
100K question

I am a 100K, that for this year will end up with just shy of the 75K EQM mileage level. I assume I can us the 75K promotion in the first part of the year to get 75K status but the terms do not specifically address this scenario as a 100k. Maybe a call to Alaska to clarify is in my future. Thanks for your input.
Mahogany likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Originally Posted by 737fan1
I am a 100K, that for this year will end up with just shy of the 75K EQM mileage level. I assume I can us the 75K promotion in the first part of the year to get 75K status but the terms do not specifically address this scenario as a 100k. Maybe a call to Alaska to clarify is in my future. Thanks for your input.
I'm in the same boat and would be interested in the answer.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I assume I can us the 75K promotion in the first part of the year to get 75K status but the terms do not specifically address this scenario as a 100k.
The terms do refer to "the status you held in 2022" rather than the 75K status that you had qualified for in 2021 before reaching 100K.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA HA AS
I'm laughing to myself since I am finishing this year 5,201 miles short of requalifying for MVP. Nice they are throwing this out for guys like me.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is more generous than the one they offered at the beginning of this year (which I took advantage of). Unlike the 2022 version, this one does not require 20K be earned exclusively on AS metal. Including partner flights make this awfully easy.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Same boat. 100k this year but wont quite make 75k due to reduction in travel on AS in part of 2022. Terms seem to avoid it totally. I like your read but i don't see it spelled out that way. Hopeful you are right though.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:01 pm

Upgrade list should go by who's flown the most BIS miles or spent the most money
MillauFr likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by trektheusa
Upgrade list should go by who's flown the most BIS miles or spent the most money
LOL Funny! AA does neither of those.

James
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Is there a place to sign up? Not for me, other family members...
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by beckoa
Is there a place to sign up? Not for me, other family members...
Seems like no signup is required.

So I am dropping from MVPG75k to MVP. If I understand the rules correctly, I can only use this promo to get back to 75k (by flying 20k BIS miles), and I can’t just do 10k miles and call it a day at MVPG, right?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
LOL Funny! AA does neither of those.

James
Can’t tell whether this is a sarcastic response or not. AA does prioritize upgrades a la spend via Loyalty Points.

Originally Posted by AA.com
What order are upgrades confirmed?
  • Status level (AAdvantage ConciergeKey® members are first, followed by AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum Pro®, AAdvantage Platinum® and then AAdvantage Gold® members)
  • Upgrade type in this order: (1 - Systemwide and mileage award upgrades*, 2 - Upgrades on purchased tickets, 3 - Upgrades on award tickets)
  • 12-month rolling Loyalty Points
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I MR'd my way to 75K in Nov (2 R/Ts ORD-ANC + 2 R/Ts BOS-SEA over 4 straight days), but, I don't have any issues with AS doing this promo even if I am scheduled to fly 28K miles (5.5 R/Ts JFK-SFO) with AS during the time frame of the promo (more may be added).
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Repooc17
2 R/Ts ORD-ANC + 2 R/Ts BOS-SEA over 4 straight days
May God have mercy on your soul.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
May God have mercy on your soul.

It wasn't too bad, to be honest. I actually had 2.5 nights of sleeping in horizontal positions in hotels during the run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.