Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New Boarding Process - Group PRI (ority) = F+100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Boarding Process - Group PRI (ority) = F+100K

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by anteater
It’s only one DP, but on a recent flight when “Priority” was announced, many ineligible pax swarmed the gate to board and the GA didn’t enforce boarding groups.

🙌🏻🥃
FAI boarded super quick the other day, no gap between letters (or sequences of letters).

II can confirm PRI works for both Main and F for this 100K (not that I typically board then)
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Random is most efficient. That's part of the reason why WN can do faster turns than any other domestic carrier.
And Southwest cleans planes while deboarding....every employee is hustling to get the aircraft ready...even the pilots help from time to time too!
Old Jan 16, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Originally Posted by anteater
It’s only one DP, but on a recent flight when “Priority” was announced, many ineligible pax swarmed the gate to board and the GA didn’t enforce boarding groups.

🙌🏻🥃
Unfortunately that's becoming too frequent for my liking...... .. I personally like it when there is a some gap between groups.. (if plane on time).. That would help enforce boarding by group as they repeatedly call out boarding that group only and will tell you to sit back down if you're not part of that group.. . Had an AA to DFW flight last week and they really had a good minute or so gap before they even called the next group (after the prior one went into the jet bridge). Was very orderly... .... .International carriers do this pretty well.

Side note: I have the Pri on the mobile boarding pass on a flight to DC tomorrow. (the posts above seem to indicate it was on paper boarding passes and gate screens only in the first iterations of rolling out).
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vanillabean
On my first flight with the new system I think it was, some non-PRI in the PRI line was turned away. A hooded youngster avoiding eye contact confirming the stereotype. He didn't bother to move farther away from the agent than a couple of steps while waiting.
Did you give the miscreant youth his comeuppance?
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Ghoulish
Did you give the miscreant youth his comeuppance?
Being a 100K then, I was tempted to. 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.