Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Suggested Questions to Be Asked of AS Executives by In-Person Attendees
  • The Elite Upgrade Processor does not upgrade at the elite windows when upgrade space is available and often process the upgrade list inconsistently when it does run. This has been a problem for well over a year. When will this be fixed?
  • What are the plans for overall network growth (% increase in flights) for 2023 and 2024? Is the focus more flights to existing cities?
  • What are the growth plans for SFO? LAX?
  • What are the plans for Dallas Love Field (currently only one flight daily to SEA and SFO)?
  • Please describe what *if any* plans exist for improving SEA ops in winter weather conditions … the chaos that has rippled throughout the entire system for nearly a week after the last four or five wx events — many of which actually didn’t develop as badly as initially forecast — has left a *very* bad impression of all aspects of AS operations and management
  • Going forward, will AS allow mixing partner award flights? Like SEA-LHR on BA, then LHR-KUL on MH on a single ticket?
  • Regarding Partner Award availability, are there any plans to make it easier for Seattle-based members to get to major U.S. gateways (e.g., LAX, DFW, ORD). In other words: why is there rarely/never award space at the right level to us get to these gateways?
  • What are the expansion plans for PAE? Are Spokane and Portland possibilities?

What was submitted from Remote participants:
  • How dependent on the network growth plan is the MAX assembly and delivery schedule?
  • What will it take to display "real" EQMs (e.g. No California Bonus) and AS metal segments required for elite tier status in the Alaska App?
  • A round robin question to each executive, non-binding answer of course, what airport would each exec like to see a new Alaska Lounge at?

Link to the presentation: Alaska Airlines Flyer Forum 2022 - YouTube

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond

So...who else got, and is going to the Alaska Air Flyer Forum on Dec 5th?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Just registered for the event... never attended anything like this before should be interesting.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: Yes
anteater not invited. 😝
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
My invite must have gotten lost in transit.
985X, rt23456p, Repooc17 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
I got an invite and plan to attend - might be interesting
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
Invited & probably will attend.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Signed up too. Should be interesting to hear what they have to present and excited for a Q&A Sesh.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Perhaps one the invitees will post some details of the event.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
received the invite and am working on questions for the Q&A
Polytonic likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I was invited... even though my status has dropped and I don't live on the west coast anymore.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
So far, no invite in my inbox but got a link from a friend and successfully registered.

Last edited by dayone; Nov 14, 2022 at 5:45 pm Reason: Redact link to private invite.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Huh, I actually got this one. Hope it turns out to be interesting.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond

Join us for our first-ever in-person Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines leaders.

Connecting with our loyal Mileage Plan™ members is important to us. That's why we're creating something new: The Flyer Forum. It's a more personal way for members to interact with Alaska leaders.

At this in-person event hosted by Everett Fitzhugh, broadcaster for the Seattle Kraken, you'll hear company updates from our President and CEO Ben Minicucci and a few of our Alaska leaders. They'll share what's coming in 2023 and beyond including valuable oneworld® benefits, new additions to our fleet, and innovations to improve your experience with us. Then, we'll finish with a Q&A session moderated by Everett.

After the presentation, you're invited to join us for a happy hour with drinks and snacks. Best of all, attendees have the chance to win prizes like roundtrip flights, miles and more!

Space is limited, so claim your ticket on a first-come, first-served basis by November 21.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
They must be inviting everyone if even I managed to get an invite
jakeller, Kacee and 985X like this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
AS In-person Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines executives

Just received an email regarding an upcoming forum with AS execs.
I RSVP'd, but am coming up short on questions, comments and suggestions to raise. Please add any you'd like to have addressed.

AS Forum Dec 5th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.