Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Suggested Questions to Be Asked of AS Executives by In-Person Attendees
  • The Elite Upgrade Processor does not upgrade at the elite windows when upgrade space is available and often process the upgrade list inconsistently when it does run. This has been a problem for well over a year. When will this be fixed?
  • What are the plans for overall network growth (% increase in flights) for 2023 and 2024? Is the focus more flights to existing cities?
  • What are the growth plans for SFO? LAX?
  • What are the plans for Dallas Love Field (currently only one flight daily to SEA and SFO)?
  • Please describe what *if any* plans exist for improving SEA ops in winter weather conditions … the chaos that has rippled throughout the entire system for nearly a week after the last four or five wx events — many of which actually didn’t develop as badly as initially forecast — has left a *very* bad impression of all aspects of AS operations and management
  • Going forward, will AS allow mixing partner award flights? Like SEA-LHR on BA, then LHR-KUL on MH on a single ticket?
  • Regarding Partner Award availability, are there any plans to make it easier for Seattle-based members to get to major U.S. gateways (e.g., LAX, DFW, ORD). In other words: why is there rarely/never award space at the right level to us get to these gateways?
  • What are the expansion plans for PAE? Are Spokane and Portland possibilities?

What was submitted from Remote participants:
  • How dependent on the network growth plan is the MAX assembly and delivery schedule?
  • What will it take to display "real" EQMs (e.g. No California Bonus) and AS metal segments required for elite tier status in the Alaska App?
  • A round robin question to each executive, non-binding answer of course, what airport would each exec like to see a new Alaska Lounge at?

Link to the presentation: Alaska Airlines Flyer Forum 2022 - YouTube

Print Wikipost

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Nonetheless, WN is a big player in the short hop business market, and these folks "aren't too proud" about not sitting in F, or having a lounge, etc. They're the type that get to the airport as late as possible, get their preferred seat type either by status or paying $20 extra, and would rather fly OAK or the secondary airports than go out of their way to LAX or SFO, etc. The bigger competition (and not really big, but it takes out some incremental higher fare folks) is JSX in the secondary / convenient airport department for business and higher spend leisure travelers.
95% of my flights are self pay business related. I used to be an WN companion status level frequent flier but it was only for the schedule and where they flew directly. As soon as AS started having direct from SEA to midcon Midwest cities beyond ORD it permitted me the ability to go to AS with no issues.

showing up late to gate for WN is devastating regardless of status. Open seating is agnostic of highest status as soon as boarding starts. When needing to connect and flight lands late which is the norm for WN tough luck.
nsx likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Can someone ask if availed the opportunity:

why do they ALWAYS fill the middle seat in PC with saver fares when the ENTIRE back of plane middle seats are unfilled??

if not getting upgraded the empty middle seat is a huge benefit. In fact on occasion I’ve bought the middle seat knowing full well my daughter is not traveling with me and my spouse
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:26 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Many good discussion topics here for the Q&A. I will revise my previous opinion on the feasibility of intra-California competition to WN. Today on the busiest travel day of the year Southwest has a 9-hour gap between its LAX-SFO nonstops. Nothing from 9AM to 5PM. The SFO door is wide open even if OAK is not.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

And now back to discussing the AS Flyer Forum.

dayone, AS Moderator
edgewood49 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Anyone receive any updates on this? I signed up for the online version right when it came out but have not received anything back since then regarding the details.

An email reply back from them earlier noted:
Thank you for registering for the Alaska Airlines Flyer Forum. The following information has been submitted. You will receive a reminder email with the event details closer to December 5, 2022.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Dupe, sorry - see above post
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by G2244
Anyone receive any updates on this? I signed up for the online version right when it came out but have not received anything back since then regarding the details.

Thank you for registering for the Alaska Airlines Flyer Forum. The following information has been submitted. You will receive a reminder email with the event details closer to December 5, 2022.

Same.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by G2244

After registering for the in person event and getting a similar email I got 29 emails uninviting me, I then registered for the online but have not heard anything since getting the same email as you. I wonder if not only was the venue too small, but the bandwidth is too small to have more than 30 or so people listening in. If that is the case, shame on them for sending out so many emails when they knew it would be limited to just a few folks.
anteater and Seattle123 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Originally Posted by ctporter
After registering for the in person event and getting a similar email I got 29 emails uninviting me, I then registered for the online but have not heard anything since getting the same email as you. I wonder if not only was the venue too small, but the bandwidth is too small to have more than 30 or so people listening in. If that is the case, shame on them for sending out so many emails when they knew it would be limited to just a few folks.

No info yet. I was one of those who was kicked off the in person event via about 12–14 uninvited emails. May be get uninvited to the online event too?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Same here.... haven't heard anything (yet) about tomorrow.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:04 pm

Received an reminder email on Friday from AS MP for the in-person event. There is a email to reach out to of [email protected] if you can’t make it (so they can pull someone from a waitlist) so maybe a quick email there by those who believe they are confirmed, but want to make double sure ahead of tomorrow would work.

Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
Received an reminder email on Friday from AS MP for the in-person event. There is a email to reach out to of [email protected] if you can’t make it (so they can pull someone from a waitlist) so maybe a quick email there by those who believe they are confirmed, but want to make double sure ahead of tomorrow would work.

Since nobody seems to be getting any information about the virtual version of this event, I'm wondering if they've just decided to make it 100% in-person now.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Since nobody seems to be getting any information about the virtual version of this event, I'm wondering if they've just decided to make it 100% in-person now.
And what exactly do they think am I going to do now with all the hors d’oeuvres and wine bottles I have acquired to cater my own virtual event?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
And what exactly do they think am I going to do now with all the hors d’oeuvres and wine bottles I have acquired to cater my own virtual event?
Hold your own event and talk about AS's big plans to set up multiple mid-country hubs, become a dominant East-West airline, introduce new lie flat seats for their impending flights to Asia, and figure out how to fly when there is a threat of snowfall somewhere in Washington State?
notquiteaff and pcoll like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Also no follow up email for the online version. AS is really doing a fine job of showing us that it cares with this one.
notquiteaff and ssk244 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.